September 13, 2011
Women's Soccer Set For Home And Away Games This Week
Overall: 1-4-0 (0-0-0 PL); Last Week: 1-2-0
Scoreboard: Maine 1, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 9/6.
Holy Cross 2, Central Connecticut 0, Fairfield, Conn., 9/9.
Fairfield 1, Holy Cross 0, Fairfield, Conn., 9/11.
Schedule: Wednesday, Sept. 14 vs. Bryant, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 18 at Quinnipiac, Hamden, Conn., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team (1-4-0 overall) continues action this week at home versus Bryant (3-2-1) on Wednesday, Sept. 14, then travels to Hamden, Conn. on Sunday, Sept. 18 to take on Quinnipiac (0-2-1).
- With their 2-0 shutout victory over Central Connecticut last Friday, the Crusaders broke the tie in their all-time series record versus the Blue Devils. Holy Cross now leads the series with a 4-3-1 record.
- The Crusaders hold a slight edge over Bryant with a 2-1-1 record against the Bulldogs all-time. A year ago, the two teams played to a stalemate in a 2-2 double-overtime draw.
- Holy Cross looks to stay hot against Quinnipiac when they travel to play the Bobcats on Sunday. Last year, the Crusaders won a close 2-1 decision over Quinnipiac. The Crusaders are 4-5 against the Bobcats lifetime.
- For her brilliant efforts in goal last week, freshman Carly McCabe (Barrington, R.I.) was named the Patriot League BRINE Goalkeeper of the Week. McCabe recorded 21 saves at the Fairfield Women's Soccer Invitational, including a 10 save shutout win against Central Connecticut.