Crusaders Set To Play Army In Last Game Of The 2010 Season
Overall: 3-11-2 (0-5-1 PL); Last Week: 0-3-0
Scoreboard: Yale 3, Holy Cross 0, New Haven, Conn., 10/19
Colgate 2, Holy Cross 0, Hamilton, N.Y., 10/22
Bucknell 3, Holy Cross 2, Lewisburg, Pa., 10/24
Schedule: Friday, Oct. 29 vs. Army, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team (3-11-2 overall, 0-5-1 Patriot League) will play in its last game of the 2010 season when it hosts Army (12-3-3, 3-0-3) in Patriot League action on Friday, Oct. 29. Game time is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. with the Crusaders honoring the seniors prior to the start of the game.
- Army clinched a berth to the Patriot League Tournament after battling Colgate to a 0-0 double overtime draw Sunday afternoon to stand 3-0-3 in the conference and share the lead with Bucknell, as both teams have 12 points. Army, picked seventh in the conference's preseason poll, clinched its first berth to the tournament since 2008 and 16th overall. The Black Knights can claim the regular-season title and tournament top seed with a win over Holy Cross Friday night as Army owns the tie-breaker with Bucknell, having defeated the Bison 2-1 in overtime on Oct. 22.
- Holy Cross has only defeated Army four times in school history with the last victory over the Black Knights occurring on Oct. 28, 1995. In the two teams' last three meetings, the final score has been within one goal, including a 2-1 loss last season.
- Sophomore Hannah Earner (Pembroke, Mass.) scored her first collegiate goal in the game against Bucknell on Sunday. Prior to Earner's goal, the Crusaders had failed to score in seven consecutive games dating back to the 2-1 win over Rider on Sept. 26. Holy Cross had scored at least one goal in the first eight games of the season.
- Seniors Jenna Campagna (Berlin, Conn.), Mary Ferketic (West Hartford, Conn.), Shelby Stand (Douglas, Mass.) and Lauren Wright (Biglerville, Pa.) will participate in their final game as a member of the Holy Cross women's soccer team on Friday, Oct. 29. Prior to the start of the game, the team will honor the four seniors for their commitment and dedication to the program.