Crusaders Hit The Road For Three Games This Week
Overall: 3-8-2 (0-3-1 PL); Last Week: 0-1-0
Scoreboard: Lehigh 3, Holy Cross 0, Bethlehem, Pa., 10/12
Schedule: Tuesday, Oct. 19 at Yale, New Haven, Conn., 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 22 at Colgate, Hamilton, N.Y., 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 24 at Bucknell, Lewisburg, Pa., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team (3-8-2 overall, 0-3-1 Patriot League) will hit the road for three games this week, traveling to Yale (5-7-1, overall, 1-3-0 Ivy League) on Tuesday, Oct. 19 and then meeting Colgate (5-10-0 overall, 2-2-0 Patriot League) and Bucknell (5-11-0 overall, 3-1-0 Patriot League) for Patriot League match ups on Oct. 22 and 24.
- Yale returns home to New Haven after a four-game road trip where they went 2-2. The Bulldogs were shut out at Cornell in their last outing and look to return to the winner's column before finishing out their conference schedule.
- A year ago, the Crusaders defeated Yale in a dominating 4-1 win in Worcester to earn their seventh win of the season. Sophomore Maura Fox (Shrewsbury, Mass.) scored twice to lead Holy Cross to victory.
- Colgate evened its Patriot League record with a win over American on Sunday, Oct. 17. The Raiders' Jillian Kinter scored twice for Colgate, earning her Patriot League Player of the Week honors. Holy Cross is 7-20-2 all-time versus Colgate, last recording a win over the Raiders on Oct. 13, 2002 in double overtime.
- Bucknell earned a 1-0 win over Navy on Oct. 16 to move into a tie with Lehigh for first place in the Patriot League. The Bison are 3-1 in the month of October, with all three wins coming over Patriot League opponents.
- The Crusaders have been shut out of their last five games, last scoring on Sept. 24 in the 2-1 win over Rider. In 2007, Holy Cross was shut out in five games from Sept. 16-30 and ended the season with 10 shut outs.