Women's Soccer Ready To Play Patriot League Opponent Lehigh
Overall: 3-7-1 (0-2-1 PL); Last Week: 0-3-0
Scoreboard: Brown 2, Holy Cross 0, Providence, R.I., 10/5
American 1, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 10/8
Navy 1, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 10/10
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 16 at Lehigh, Bethlehem, Pa.., 4:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team (3-7-2 overall, 0-2-1 Patriot League) will travel to Bethlehem, Pa. to play Patriot League opponent Lehigh (7-2-2, 2-1-0 Patriot League) at the Ulrich Sports Complex on Saturday, Oct. 16. Game time is scheduled for 4:00 p.m.
- Lehigh picked up two Patriot League wins last weekend to remain unbeaten, 6-0-0, on its home turf. The Mountain Hawks defeated Colgate, 3-1, on Oct. 8 and took down Bucknell, 2-1, on Oct. 10. Lehigh opened Patriot League action on the road at Army, falling 1-0 in overtime. Senior Natalie Hojnacki was named Patriot League Offensive Player of the Week after scoring twice against Colgate and once against Bucknell.
- Holy Cross is 12-6-1 all-time against the Mountain Hawks, with the lone tie occurring last season in Worcester. In the two teams' last five meetings, the Crusaders have played the Mountain Hawks to an even 2-2-1 record.
- After the second weekend of league action, Army leads the league with seven points. The Black Knights remain the only unbeaten team in league play with a 2-0-1 record. Lehigh is tied with Bucknell and Navy for second place with six points, while the Crusaders are tied with Lafayette in seventh place with one point.
- The Crusaders have been shut out of their last four games, last scoring on Sept. 24 in the 2-1 win over Rider. Holy Cross had scored at least one goal in each of its first eight games of the season, with senior Shelby Stand (Douglas, Mass.) earning a point in seven of them.
- Stand continues to lead the team with six goals and four assists for 16 points. She ranks first in the Patriot League in shots (62), shots per game (5.17) and points per game (1.33).