Overall: 3-4-1 (0-0-0 PL); Last
Scoreboard: Siena 2, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 9/24
Holy Cross 2, Rider 1, Worcester, Mass., 9/26
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 2 vs. Lafayette, Worcester, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team (3-4-1 overall) opens the 2010 Patriot League season with a home game against Lafayette (5-5-0 overall) on Saturday, Oct. 2 starting at 3:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders hold an all-time record of 14-5-1 over the Leopards, including a 1-0 victory in last year's Patriot League opener. Holy Cross is 3-0 in its last three Patriot League opening games and 5-12-1 on opening day in the league's 20 year history.
- Lafayette will play at Delaware State on Tuesday, Sept. 28 before traveling to Worcester on Saturday. The Leopards opened the season with a 2-1 win over common opponent Wagner on Aug. 29 and then defeated common opponent Bryant 2-0 on Sept. 10.
- Lafayette's game against Delaware State will be its last non-conference game of the season, while the Crusaders will play Brown on Oct. 5 and Yale on Oct. 19 in non-league games.
- Senior Shelby Stand (Douglas, Mass.) continues to lead the Patriot League in most statistical categories, including shots (49), shots per game (6.12), goals per game (0.75) and points per game (2.00), after recording a goal and an assist in last week's two games. Stand led Holy Cross with 15 of the team's 27 shots last week, including 10 shots on goal. Stand also remains nationally ranked in the top 30 in two categories, including tied for 14th in points per game and tied for 30th in goals per game.
- Stand has been quietly moving up the Holy Cross career record list, as she now ranks fifth all-time with 67 career points, fourth with 28 career goals and is tied for eighth with 11 career assists.
- Junior Kelsey Dillon (Barrington, R.I.) scored her first goal of the season against Rider on Sunday, Sept. 26. After the Broncs tied the game, freshman Sarah Kelley (Bedford, N.H.) scored her first game-winning goal of her career to give the Crusaders the victory.