Crusaders Set To Face Quinnipiac On Sept. 12
Overall: 1-3-0 (0-0-0 PL); Last
Scoreboard: Central Connecticut 3, Holy Cross 2, New Britain, Conn., 8/31
New Hampshire 3, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 9/3
Wagner 4, Holy Cross 1, Staten Island, N.Y., 9/5
Schedule: Sunday, Sept. 12 vs. Quinnipiac, Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team (1-3-0 overall) will host Quinnipiac (0-2-0) on Sunday, Sept. 12 at 2:00 p.m. in its only game of the week. Quinnipiac will host Siena in its season opener on Friday, Sept. 10 before taking on the Crusaders.
- Quinnipiac opened the 2010 season last weekend, falling to Army 3-0 and losing to Lehigh 3-2. Holy Cross will be the Bobcats' final game against a member of the Patriot League this season, as three of their first four games were against Patriot League opponents.
- Holy Cross is 3-5-0 all-time against the Bobcats. In the two team's last meeting on Sept. 30, 2007, Holy Cross lost to Quinnipiac 2-0 in Hamden, Conn. From 1999-2003, the two teams were annual opponents, with Holy Cross leading the series with a 3-2 record.
- In the Patriot League, Holy Cross is sitting in fifth place with Army leading the league with a 4-1-0 overall record. The Black Knights have only allowed one goal in five games and is riding a four game unbeaten streak. American is still looking for its first win of the season after suffering six straight losses. Senior Shelby Stand (Douglas, Mass.) is tied for second in the league with six points, while her two goals are tied for third and her two assists are tied for first. Sophomore Maura Fox (Shrewsbury, Mass.) is also tied for third in the league with two goals.
- Freshmen Gaby Ransom (Concord, N.H.) and Sarah Kelley (Bedford, N.H.) earned their first career points against New Hampshire. Ransom scored Holy Cross' only goal of the game off the corner kick from Kelley.