Overall: 1-0-0 (0-0-0 PL); Last
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 2, URI 0, Worcester, Mass., 8/27
Schedule: Tuesday, Aug. 31 at Central Connecticut, New Britain, Conn., 5:00 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 3 vs. New Hampshire, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 5 at Wagner, Staten Island, N.Y., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team (1-0-0 overall) continues action at Central Connecticut State (0-2-0) on Tuesday, Aug. 31, returns to Worcester on Friday, Sept. 3 for a home game against New Hampshire (1-0-2) and then closes out the week with a road game against Wagner (1-2-0) on Sunday, Sept. 5.
- The Crusaders will meet up with the Blue Devils at Arute Field at 5:00 p.m. due to the ongoing construction of a new soccer field on the CCSU campus. The Crusaders defeated CCSU 2-0 last season in Worcester and hold a 3-2-1 all-time record against the Blue Devils. Central Connecticut opened the 2010 season with a 1-0 loss to Army on Aug. 26 and then fell 3-0 to No. 7 ranked Boston College on Aug. 29.
- A year ago the Crusader defeated New Hampshire 2-1 in Durham, N.H. for their fifth win of the season. The Wildcats hold a 19-8-1 all-time record over the Crusaders, while the series is tied at two games apiece in the last four meetings between the teams. New Hampshire opened the 2010 season with a 1-1 double overtime tie against Rhode Island on Aug. 24.
- Holy Cross holds a 2-0 all-time record against Wagner, as the two teams played for the first time in 2008. Last season, the Crusaders defeated the Seahawks 6-0 in Worcester. Senior Shelby Stand (Douglas, Mass.) led the offense with two goals.
- For the second straight year, the Crusaders opened the season with a victory. Holy Cross is 11-16-1 in its season-opener in the past 28 seasons. The 1988 and 1989 seasons were the last time the Crusaders won back-to-back season-openers.
- Senior Lauren Wright (Biglerville, Pa.) led Holy Cross to a 2-0 season-opening victory over Rhode Island with a goal at the 28:45 mark in the first half. Wright missed the 2009 season with an injury, last playing on Nov. 1, 2008 in the 4-0 victory over Lafayette.