Overall Record: 7-9-3 (1-5-1 PL); Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Army 2, Holy Cross 1, West Point, N.Y., 10/31
Schedule: 2009 season has concluded
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team concluded the 2009 season on Saturday, Oct. 31 against Patriot League opponent, Army. The Crusaders completed the season with an overall record of 7-9-3, the most wins in program history since the 2000 season.
- Senior Shelby Stand (Douglas, Mass.) scored her 10th goal of the season against the Black Knights, tying her for fourth on the Holy Cross single-season record list. Stand's 51 career points tie her for seventh all-time at Holy Cross and her 22 career goals are sixth.
- Sophomore Katherine Donnelly (Londonderry, N.H.) finished the regular season with a Patriot League leading eight assists. Donnelly has connected with Stand on four goals this season. She tied the Holy Cross single-season assist record and is tied for eighth all-time at Holy Cross with 11 career assists.
- Stand and Donnelly were named to the first team All-Patriot league for the second time in their careers. Stand completed the season second in the Patriot League in shots per game, goals per game, points per game and game winning goals, while Donnelly led the league with eight assists.
- Senior goalkeeper Jessica Stone (Rockville, Md.) wrapped up her career with 178 saves, eighth all-time at Holy Cross. She ranks seventh with a 2.03 goals against average and eighth with nine wins.
- Senior midfielder Chelsi Pugliese (Pembroke, Mass.) wraps up her career playing in 73 games in a Crusader uniform, while senior defender Kendra Demakis (Hanover, Mass.)saw action in 65 games and senior midfielder Megan Metzger (Warwick, N.Y.) played in 68 games.
- Junior goalkeeper Mary Ferketic (West Hartford, Conn.) finished the season fifth on the Holy Cross single-season record list with a 1.25 goals against average. She started in a career high 14 games and recorded a 4-7-3 record with four shut outs.
- Seniors Courtney Callahan (Fairfield, Conn.), Justine Cefalu (Greenlawn, N.Y.) and Paige Harrison (Sutton, Mass.) finished their careers playing in a combined 92 games in a Holy Cross uniform and all three were members of the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll.