Overall Record: 7-6-2 (1-2-1 PL); Last Week: 1-0-1
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 4, Yale 1, Worcester, Mass., 10/14
Holy Cross 0, Lehigh 0, Worcester, Mass. 10/17
Schedule: Tuesday, Oct. 20 vs. Brown, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 22 vs. Colgate, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 25 vs. Bucknell, Worcester, Mass. 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team (7-6-2 overall, 1-2-1 Patriot League) continues action at home this week, hosting Brown on Oct. 20, Colgate on Oct. 22 and closes out the regular season home schedule against Bucknell on Oct. 25. The Crusaders will hit the road for their final regular season game at Army on Oct. 31.
- Last season, Holy Cross dropped a 4-1 decision to Brown on the road. The Crusaders are looking to improve on their 4-1-2 home record with a victory over the Bears. Brown currently owns a 4-7 overall record, falling to common opponent Boston College 5-0 in its season opener and against Harvard 1-0 on Oct. 17. The Brown Bears have only scored 10 goals this season, compared to the Crusaders' 20.
- Holy Cross will meet up with Patriot League opponent Colgate on Oct. 22 at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium. The Raiders are 6-6-3 overall and their 2-1-1 Patriot League record has them in fourth place with seven league points. Colgate defeated Patriot League opponent American 1-0 on Oct. 17 in double overtime to knock the Eagles off the top of the league standings and handed them their first Patriot League loss. The Crusaders have the upper hand at offense, as the Raiders have scored 13 goals this season compared to Holy Cross' 20. Holy Cross will have to get past Colgate goalkeeper Ashley Walsh, who has recorded six shutouts this season.
- The Crusaders will honor their seniors on Sunday, Oct. 25 before the start of the game against Patriot League opponent Bucknell at 1:00 p.m. Seniors Courtney Callahan (Fairfield, Conn.), Justine Cefalu (Greenlawn, N.Y.), Kendra Demakis (Hanover, Mass.), Paige Harrison (Sutton, Mass.), Megan Metzger (Warwick, N.Y.), Chelsi Pugliese (Pembroke, Mass.), Shelby Stand (Douglas, Mass.) and Jessica Stone (Rockville, Md.) will be honored for their hard work and dedication to the Holy Cross women's soccer program.
- Last week Bucknell defeated Patriot League opponent Navy to take the top spot in the League standings with a 3-1-0 Patriot League record and an 8-6-1 overall record. The Bison will take on the Black Knights of Army on Oct. 22 before traveling to Worcester on Oct. 25. The Crusaders look to defeat the Bison for the first time since the 2004 season when they shutout Bucknell 3-0 in Lewisburg, Pa.
- Holy Cross picked up its seventh win of the season with a 4-1 victory over Yale on Oct. 14. Its seven wins are the most since the 2000 season when the Crusaders finished with a 10-11-1 record, was named the Patriot League champion and competed in the first round of the NCAA tournament.