Overall Record: 6-6-1 (1-2 PL); Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: American 2, Holy Cross 0, Washington, D.C., 10/9
Navy 2, Holy Cross, 0, Annapolis, Md. 10/11
Schedule: Wednesday, Oct. 14 vs. Yale, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 17 vs. Lehigh, Worcester, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team (6-6-1 overall, 1-2 Patriot League) returns home to the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium this week to take on Yale and Lehigh. On Wednesday, Oct. 14 the Crusaders will match up against the Yale Bulldogs at 7:00 p.m. and then on Saturday, Oct. 17 Holy Cross will take on Lehigh at 3:00 p.m. Wednesday's game against Yale will be broadcast by Crusader Vision. Multiple Holy Cross athletic events are featured on Crusader Vision, the package, done in association with Stretch Internet, is available for $6.95 per event or a $79.95 annual subscription. Visit www.goholycross.com for more details and to sign up.
- The Crusaders return home to the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium for the first time since Sept. 18. Holy Cross went 2-3 on the road and currently hold a 3-1-1 home record. The Crusaders will host five home games before traveling to Army on Oct. 31 to close out the regular season.
- The Bulldogs (7-3 overall) defeated common opponent Central Connecticut State, 3-2, on Oct. 5 and opened the season on Sept. 4 with a victory over common opponent Wagner. Holy Cross defeated Central Connecticut 2-0 on Sept. 11 and Wagner 6-0 on Sept. 15. The last meeting between these two teams was on Sept. 17, 2002 in New Haven, Conn. with Yale picking up a 6-1 victory over Holy Cross.
- The Mountain Hawks (7-3-3 overall, 1-1-1 Patriot League) will meet up with Princeton on Oct. 14 before traveling to Worcester on Oct. 17. Lehigh has played to every possible outcome in Patriot League action this season. The Mountain Hawks tied Army on Oct. 2, they defeated Colgate on Oct. 9 and lost to Bucknell 3-1 on Oct. 11. Last season, Holy Cross defeated Lehigh 3-0 in Bethlehem, Pa. In the victory, junior Lauren Wright (Biglerville, Pa.) scored a pair of goals and sophomore Katherine Donnelly (Londonderry, N.H.) scored her fifth goal of the season.
- In Patriot League action last week, the Crusaders were shut out twice, on Oct. 9 at American and on Oct. 11 at Navy. With the two losses, the Crusaders fall to sixth in the league with three points. American leads the league with a 3-0 Patriot League record and nine points, while Navy is second with a 2-0-1 league record and seven points.