Overall Record: 5-3-1 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 1-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 2, New Hampshire 1, Durham, N.H., 9/24
Schedule: Tuesday, Sept. 29 at Harvard, Cambridge, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 3 at Lafayette, Easton, Pa., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team will hit the road for two away games this week. On Tuesday, Sept. 29 Holy Cross will travel to Harvard and on Saturday, Oct. 3 the Crusaders will travel to Lafayette. Last season the Crusaders fell to Harvard, 2-1 on Oct. 20 and ended the season with a 4-0 win over Lafayette on Nov. 1. Against Lafayette, senior forward Shelby Stand (Douglas, Mass.) scored her seventh goal of the season, while Holy Cross' three other goals came in the form of a hat trick by former Crusader midfielder Casey Boland.
- Harvard currently owns a 2-5-1 overall record. The Crimson hold a 13-2-1 series lead over the Crusaders dating back to 1986, with Harvard winning eight of the last nine meetings.
- Holy Cross will open Patriot League play at Lafayette on Saturday. The Leopards are currently 3-6-2 overall and in their last outing, tied with common opponent Wagner, whom the Crusaders defeated 6-0. The Crusaders were picked seventh in the Patriot League preseason poll and the Leopards eighth. Preseason favorite Navy currently leads the Patriot League with an 8-1-1 overall record. The Mids also lead the league in points per game, goals per game, assists per game and goals against average.
- Stand is currently at top of the Patriot League in goals per game. She leads the league with an average of 0.62 goals per game. Her 3.25 shots per game are second in the Patriot League and her 1.25 points per game are also second.
- Sophomore midfielder Katherine Donnelly (Londonderry, N.H.) leads the Patriot League in assists per game with 0.56. She has recorded five assists in nine games. Donnelly has hooked up with Stand for two goals, senior Chelsi Pugliese (Pembroke, Mass.) for two and senior Paige Harrison (Sutton, Mass.) for one.
- Against New Hampshire on Thursday, Sept. 24, Holy Cross picked up its fifth win of the season. The last time the Crusaders recorded five wins was in 2002, with three wins coming in Patriot League play. Holy Cross' five wins in nine games ties its 1998 record when it went 5-3-1 in its first nine games en route to a 10-5-3 overall record (3-1-2 Patriot League).