Overall Record: 2-1 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 2, Manhattan 1, Riverdale, N.Y., 9/4
#16 Boston College 4, Holy Cross 0, Newton, Mass., 9/6
Schedule: Wednesday, Sept. 9 vs. Providence, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 11 vs. Central Connecticut, Worcester, Mass., 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 13 vs. Siena, Loudonville, N.Y., 1:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders (2-1 overall) will host Providence on Sept. 9 at 7:00 p.m. in a mid-week match-up at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium. The Friars are 3-1 on the season and defeated UMass 1-0 last week, while the Crusaders defeated UMass 2-0 in the season opener. Last season Holy Cross fell to Providence 3-0. In the loss, senior Shelby Stand (Douglas, Mass.) recorded five shots, including one on goal, but was unable to find the back of the net.
- Wednesday night's game against the Friars will be shown live on the internet through Crusader Vision. Multiple Holy Cross athletic events are featured on Crusader Vision, the package, done in association with Stretch Internet, is available for $6.95 per event or a $79.95 annual subscription. Visit www.goholycross.com or http://www.stretchinternet.com/holycrossvideo.html for more details and to sign up.
- Holy Cross will welcome Central Connecticut to Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium on Friday, Sept. 11 at 5:00 p.m. The Blue Devils are currently 2-1-1 overall. Last season Holy Cross was shut out at Central Connecticut, falling 2-0. Senior goalkeeper Jessica Stone (Rockville, Md.) recorded a season-high 13 saves.
- Holy Cross will conclude weekend competition on Sunday, Sept. 13 when it travels to Siena. Siena is currently 1-2 overall and will travel to Providence, R.I. on Friday, Sept. 11 for a game against the Friars. The Saints lost to Central Connecticut, 1-0, on Aug. 28 in both teams season opener. Last season, Holy Cross fell to Siena 3-2 in Worcester, Mass. Stand scored both goals for the Crusaders and recorded a season-high 10 shots, including four on goal.
- Stand led the Crusaders with two goals in the 2-1 win over Manhattan. Stand's two goals gives her 14 career goals and ties her for ninth on the Holy Cross career goal list. Her 35 career points also ties her for ninth on the Holy Cross all-time point list.
- This season, Holy Cross reached the two win mark the quickest since the 2005 season when it recorded its second win on Sept. 3 when it defeated Siena 3-2 in overtime.