Holy Cross Women's Rowing
Scoreboard: No team scores versus George Mason and Rutgers, New Brunswick, N.J., 4/27
No team scores at Beanpot Regatta, Boston, Mass., 4/28
Schedule: Sunday, May 5, Eastern Sprints, Camden, N.J.
- The Holy Cross women's rowing team will return to action on Sunday, May 5, when they will compete at the Eastern Sprints on the Cooper River in Camden, N.J. Last year was the first time the Crusaders had competed at the Eastern Sprints, where they finished 12th of 12 teams.
- The Holy Cross women's rowing team competed at the Beanpot Regatta versus Boston College, Boston University, MIT, Northeastern and Harvard-Radcliffe on Sunday, April 27 on the Charles River. The regatta was a part of the Row for Boston Campaign. To purchase a shirt to support the campaign go here: http://bostonstrong.boathousegear.com/
- The varsity eight has been outstanding and continued its impressive 2012-2013 season. On Saturday, April 27 the Crusaders defeated George Mason and Rutgers. The Crusaders placed first out of five boats Saturday, April 21 on Lake Quinsigamond. The Crusaders continued this streak on Sunday, April 22 when the women's varsity eight boat took the victory over Boston College and UConn to win the Irving-Christensen Cup in Worcester, Mass. The women's varsity eight placed second out of 34 boats at the Knecht Cup. The varsity eight started the spring season with a win versus Smith. During the fall season, the Crusaders placed first in the club eight race out of 17 boats at the Textile River Regatta, finished first out of 48 boats at the Snake Regatta, placed second in the club eight race out of 34 boats at the Head of the Charles Regatta and finished third in the open eight race out of 27 boats at the Head of the Schuylkill Regatta.
- Senior Michele Grenier (Menands, N.Y.) is very involved with Holy Cross for a Cure. Go here to read a feature story on the senior rower: http://www.goholycross.com/sports/w-rowing/2012-13/releases/20130326cy5rfj.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross rowing teams sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.