Holy Cross Women's Rowing
Scoreboard: No team scores at Eastern Sprints, Camden, N.J., 5/13
Schedule: Spring season is complete.
- The Holy Cross women's rowing team concluded the spring season at the Eastern Sprints on the Cooper River on May 13. This was the first time the Crusaders had competed at the Eastern Sprints.
- The Crusaders placed second out of 27 teams at the 2012 New England Championship on Lake Quinsigamond on May 5. The second varsity eight and second varsity four each placed second earning silver medals, while the varsity eight won bronze by finishing third.
- The second varsity eight won two medals this season with a silver at the New England Championship and a bronze at the Patriot League Championship. The second varsity eight also had four first-place finishes and one second-place finish. On March 31, the Crusaders finished first versus Simmons and Smith, while on April 1, HC defeated Bates, Trinity, Wellesley, WPI and Rochester. On April 7, the Crusaders placed second as Boston College finished first and UMass placed third. It also placed fifth out of 28 boats at the Knecht Cup on April 14-15. The eight was also victorious against William Smith and Ithaca on April 21 before defeating UConn on April 22.
- Senior captain Mollie Sydlowski (Amesbury, Mass.) and junior Aleks Torres (Saratoga Spring, N.Y.) earned All-Patriot League honors. Sydlowski made the first team and Torres was selected to the second team.
- Seniors Kate Broderick (West Newbury, Mass.), Beth Charron (Manchester, N.H.) and Jill Sollazzo (Bethlehem, Pa.) were selected to the Patriot League All-Academic team. The Crusaders were three of 11 athletes named to the team which tied MIT for the most from one school.