Holy Cross Women's Rowing
Scoreboard: 4th of six at Patriot League Championship, Camden, N.J., 4/29
Schedule: Saturday, May 5 at New England Championship, Worcester, Mass., 8:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's rowing team will race at the New England Championship on Lake Quinsigamond on May 5 at 8:00 a.m. Last season the Crusaders placed fourth out of 25 teams with 72.3 points at the Championship on Lake Quinsigamond behind Williams (102 points), Trinity (88.5 points) and Bates (75.7 points). All four of the Crusader boats qualified for the finals, as the second varsity eight won the bronze medal by placing third, while the varsity eight and the novice eight finished fifth, and the novice four placed sixth. Go here to view the New England Championship website.
- The Crusaders placed fourth at the 2012 Patriot League Championship (with 20 points), as Bucknell (34 points) won its seventh straight title, followed by Navy (29 points) and MIT (25 points). Holy Cross' second varsity eight placed third in its race, while the varsity eight and the varsity four each placed fourth.
- Bucknell took the varsity eight race with a time of 6:48.54, while MIT (6:50.96) placed second, Navy (6:59.30) finished third, the Crusaders (7:07.73) placed fourth, Colgate (7:22.44) finished fifth and Lehigh (7:22.89) placed sixth.
- With their bronze medal at the Patriot League Championship, the Crusaders' second varsity eight continued their successful spring season, as it also has four first-place finishes and one second-place finish. On March 31, the Crusaders finished first versus Simmons and Smith, while on April 1, HC defeated Bates, Trinity, Wellesley, WPI and Rochester. On April 7, the Crusaders placed second as Boston College finished first and UMass placed third. It also placed fifth out of 28 boats at the Knecht Cup on April 14-15. The eight was also victorious against William Smith and Ithaca on April 21 before defeating UConn on April 22.
- Holy Cross will return to the Cooper River in Camden, N.J. for the Eastern Sprints (May 13).