Holy Cross Women's Rowing
Scoreboard: No team scores vs. Colby, Connecticut College, Ithaca & William Smith, Worcester, Mass. 4/21
No team scores vs. Connecticut, Worcester, Mass. 4/22
Schedule: Sunday, April 29 at Patriot League Championship, Camden, N.J., 8:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's rowing team will race in the Patriot League Championship on the Cooper River on April 29 at 8:00 a.m. Last season the Crusaders placed fourth at the Patriot League Championship on Lake Quinsigamond after placing third in the second varsity eight and the varsity four races and finishing fourth in the varsity eight. Bucknell won its sixth straight Patriot League title last season with 33 total points, followed by Navy (28 points), Colgate (22 points), Holy Cross (21 points), MIT (12 points) and Lehigh (10 points). Go here to view the Patriot League Championship website.
- The Crusaders placed third at the Patriot League Championship in 2010, while they also finished third in 2009 and 2008. Holy Cross tied for fourth in 2007, was fifth in 2006 and was third in the first-ever Patriot League Championship in 2005.
- The Patriot League Championship will start at 8:00 a.m. The varsity four race will start at 8:00 a.m., followed by the second varsity eight at 8:15 a.m. and the varsity eight at 8:30 a.m.
- The second varsity eight continued its successful spring season by defeating UConn on April 22 to record a second straight first-place finish and its fourth of the season. The Crusaders' varsity eight was also victorious, beating the Huskies with a time of 6:40.8 compared to UConn's 6:41.14.
- Holy Cross will compete on Lake Quinsigamond at the New England Championship (May 5) before returning to the Cooper River for the Eastern Sprints (May 13).