Crusaders Set For Patriot League Championship
Scoreboard: No team scores vs. Colby, Connecticut College, Ithaca & MIT, Worcester, Mass., 4/16
No team scores vs. Boston College & Connecticut, Worcester, Mass., 4/17
Schedule: Saturday, April 23 vs. UMass, Worcester, Mass., 8:30 a.m.
Sunday, April 24, Patriot League Championship, Worcester, Mass., 8:00 a.m.
- The Crusaders return to action on Lake Quinsigamond on Saturday, April 23 versus UMass at 8:30 a.m. Go here for the schedule. Then on Sunday, April 24, the Crusaders will compete for the Patriot League Championship on Lake Quinsigamond at 8:00 a.m.
- On April 17, the Crusaders took two of three races versus Boston College and Connecticut on Lake Quinsigamond. The varsity eight won the Irving-Christensen Cup.
- After the Patriot League Championship, the Crusaders will compete at the New England Championship (April 30) and the ECAC Championship (May 8). Both regattas are on Lake Quinsigamond.
- The Patriot League Championship will start at 8:00 a.m. The varsity four race will start at 8:00 a.m., followed by the second varsity eight at 8:10 a.m. and the varsity eight at 8:20 a.m. The Crusaders will race against five-time defending Patriot League champion Bucknell, Colgate, Lehigh, MIT and Navy. The Midshipmen are the only other team to win the title besides Bucknell, as Navy won in 2005. Go here for the 2011 Patriot League Championship website.
- Last season the Crusaders placed third at the Patriot League Championship, while they also finished third in 2009 and 2008. Holy Cross tied for fourth in 2007, was fifth in 2006 and was third in the first-ever Patriot League Championship in 2005.