April 5, 2011
Crusaders Set To Race On Lake Quinsigamond On April 9-10
Holy Cross Women's Rowing
Scoreboard: Won two of three races vs. New Hampshire, Worcester, Mass., 4/2
Won three of four races vs. Simmons, Worcester, Mass., 4/3
Schedule: Saturday, April 9 vs. Mount Holyoke, Smith & Trinity, Worcester, Mass., 9:00 a.m.
Sunday, April 10 vs. Bates, Rochester, Trinity, Wellesley & WPI, Worcester, Mass., 8:30 a.m.
- The Crusaders, who won five of seven races in their opening weekend of competition, return to action on Lake Quinsigamond on Saturday, April 9, versus Mt. Holyoke, Smith and Trinity at 9:00 a.m. Then on Sunday, April 10, the Crusaders will compete versus Bates, Rochester, Trinity, Wellesley and WPI on Lake Quinsigamond at 8:30 a.m. Go here for the schedule.
- This week, the Crusaders will be competing versus teams ranked in the most recent (March 30) NCAA Division III National Poll. Bates is No. 3, Wellesley is No. 4, Trinity is No. 5, Smith is No. 9, Mount Holyoke is No. 10 and WPI is No. 12.
- Last week the Holy Cross second varsity eight and novice eight boats both went undefeated with victories over New Hampshire and Simmons. The varsity eight boat went 1-1 with a loss to UNH and a win over Simmons.
- Sophomore Catherine Roy (Holliston, Mass.) has been invited to the 2011 Women's National Team Pre-Elite Camp as announced by USRowing. She is just one of 18 rowers to be selected. Last year, Roy was one of 16 rowers invited to attend the U.S. National Team Freshman Camp. Roy has rowed with the Holy Cross varsity eight in 18 races in her first two seasons.
- The Crusaders will compete at the Patriot League Championship (April 24), the New England Championship (April 30) and the ECAC Championship (May 8). All three regattas are on Lake Quinsigamond.