March 29, 2011
Crusaders To Start Season Versus UNH & Simmons
Holy Cross Women's Rowing
Schedule: Saturday, April 2 vs. New Hampshire, Worcester, Mass., 11:30 a.m.
Sunday, April 3 vs. Simmons, Worcester, Mass., 9:00 a.m.
- After its season-opener versus Coast Guard and Wesleyan on Saturday, March 26 on Lake Quinsigamond was canceled due to ice on the lake, the Holy Cross women's rowing team is now scheduled to start the season on April 2 versus New Hampshire and April 3 versus Simmons on Lake Quinsigamond. Go here for the schedule.
- Last season the Crusaders started their spring season versus Coast Guard, Mount Holyoke and Wesleyan on March 27. Holy Cross finished first in both the varsity eight and the second varsity eight races.
- Recently, the Crusaders went on a spring training trip to Cocoa Beach, Fla. The Crusaders used the trip to prepare for the spring season. Go here to read the team's blog about the trip.
- All 11 regattas that the Crusaders are scheduled to compete in will be on Lake Quinsigamond in Worcester, including all three championship regattas. The Crusaders will compete at the Patriot League Championship (April 24), the New England Championship (April 30) and the ECAC Championship (May 8).
- The Crusaders competed in five regattas during the fall season. This schedule featured Holy Cross tying for first place with Trinity for the points trophy at the 40th Head of the Schuylkill Regatta in Philadelphia.