Holy Cross Women's Rowing
Schedule: Saturday, March 27 vs. Coast Guard, Mount Holyoke & Wesleyan, Worcester, Mass., 8:00 a.m.
Sunday, March 28 vs. Simmons & Smith, Worcester, Mass., 8:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women’s rowing team will kick of its spring season with two races this week on Lake Quinsigamond. On Saturday, March 27, the Crusaders will race against Coast Guard, Mount Holyoke and Wesleyan, while on Sunday, March 28, they will meet Simmons and Smith. Go here for the race schedule.
- Last season Holy Cross also started the season versus Coast Guard, Mount Holyoke and Wesleyan at Lake Quinsigamond. The Crusaders were very impressive as their varsity eight, second varsity eight and third varsity eight boats all finished first in their races, while the novice eight placed second.
- Holy Cross has six seniors on its roster, Mary Kate Cullen (Long Valley, N.J.), Ashley Fish (Hingham, Mass.), Abigail Hammond (Holliston, Mass.), Caroline Krug (Buffalo, N.Y.), Monika Mangsen (Holden, Mass.) and Mara Piltin (Medford, N.J.). The Crusaders are led by captains Hammond and Piltin.
- The Crusaders will compete in eight events on Lake Quinsigamond this spring season as they will compete there on every weekend of the season except for the weekend of the Patriot League Championship (April 25) in Camden, N.J.
- The Crusaders will use their dual season to prepare for the Patriot League Championship, New England Championship (May 1) and ECAC National Invitational (May 8-9). Last season, the Crusaders finished third out of five teams at the Patriot League Championship and second out of 24 teams at the New England Championship.
- Holy Cross prepared for the season with two training trips to Cocoa Beach, Fla. The Crusaders winter training trip was on Jan. 13-19, while their spring training trip was on Feb. 26-March 6.