Holy Cross Women's Lacrosse
Overall: 7-12 (4-4 Patriot League) Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 10, Colgate 8, Worcester, Mass., 4/22, Patriot League Tournament Quarterfinals Box Score Recap
#12 Loyola (Md.) 14, Holy Cross 10, Baltimore, Md., 4/24, Patriot League Tournament Semifinals Box Score Recap
Schedule: Season has concluded.
- The Holy Cross women's lacrosse team (7-12 overall, 4-4 PL) has concluded the 2014 season. The fourth-seeded Crusaders defeated fifth seed Colgate in the quarterfinals of the Patriot League Tournament and then fell to top seed and No. 12 nationally ranked Loyola (Md.) in the semifinals.
- Senior captain Sara Hennessey (Winchester, Mass.) and sophomore Kate Martino (Summit, N.J.) were named to the All-Tournament team. Over the two games, Hennessey tallied four goals and two assists for six points. Martino posted six goals and two assists for eight points over the two contests.
- The Crusaders' 17.47 ground balls per game are third in the league and 27th nationally. The Crusaders' 9.68 caused turnovers per game are fifth in the conference and 19th nationally. The team's 184 caused turnovers are its most since the 2002 season when it tallied 264. The Crusaders' 332 ground balls this year are their most since the 2006 season when they posted 432.
- Hennessey tied for the team-lead this season with 30 goals, while she was third with 37 points. She was also third on the team with 22 draw controls. Hennessey played in 65 career games with 124 goals and 16 assists for 140 points. She also has 10 career game-winning goals. Her 124 goals are fourth all-time in program history and her 140 points are ninth. Also her 125 career draw controls are fourth all-time and her 48 caused turnovers are sixth.
- Junior captain Laura Ryan (Stirling, N.J.) was first on the team this season with 42 points, second with 13 assists, third with 29 goals, first with 41 ground balls, second with 34 draw controls and second with 26 caused turnovers which are fifth all-time for a season at the school. She has 106 career goals and 29 assists for 135 points. Her 106 career goals are 10th all-time in program history and her 151 career draw controls are second. Also her 64 caused turnovers are tied for third all-time.
- Junior Sophia Agostinelli (Framingham, Mass.) led the team with 28 caused turnovers and was third with 30 ground balls. Her 28 caused turnovers are fourth all-time for a season in program history. For her career she has played in 39 games with 46 ground balls and 43 caused turnovers. Her 43 caused turnovers are tied for eighth all-time.
- Martino tied for the team-lead with 30 goals. She was second on the team with 41 points and third with 11 assists. She led the team with 48 draw controls which are fourth for a season in program history.
- Senior goalie Sarah Weber (Summit, N.J.) ranks sixth in Holy Cross history with 371 saves over 61 games. Additionally, she is second all-time for the Crusaders with 26 wins.