Holy Cross Women's Lacrosse
Overall: 5-6 (3-1 Patriot League) Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: Boston University 8, Holy Cross 6, Boston, Mass., 3/19 Box Score Recap
Holy Cross 11, Lafayette 10 (OT), Worcester, Mass., 3/22 Box Score Recap
Schedule: Saturday, March 29, at #15 Loyola (Md.), Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m. Live stats Video
- The Holy Cross women's lacrosse team, which is off to its best start in the Patriot League since 2007, will return to action on Saturday, March 29, when the Crusaders will travel to play No. 15 Loyola (Md.) for a Patriot League contest in Baltimore, Md., at 1:00 p.m. The Greyhounds are 6-4 overall and 3-0 in the Patriot League. Loyola has played four ranked teams this season with wins versus No. 6 Virginia (16-12) and No. 17 Princeton (15-10), and losses versus No. 5 Florida (14-13) and No. 9 Penn State (18-11). This is the Greyhounds' first season of play in the Patriot League.
- The Crusaders' 3-1 record after four Patriot League games is their best since 2007 when they went 4-0 after four contests. That season the Crusaders went 5-0 in the regular season.
- The Crusaders' 11.27 caused turnovers per game lead the conference and are eighth nationally. The Crusaders' 19.09 ground balls per game are third in the league and 17th nationally.
- Junior Sophia Agostinelli (Framingham, Mass.) has 2.00 caused turnovers per game which are fourth in the league and are 13th nationally. Senior captain Sara Hennessey (Winchester, Mass.) is ranked ninth in the league with 2.10 goals per game as her 21 goals are 57th nationally. Junior captain Laura Ryan (Stirling, N.J.) and sophomore Kaitlin Concilio (Ridgewood, N.J.) are tied for eighth in the conference with 0.91 assists per game, while their 10 assists are 65th in the country. Hennessey's 2.60 points per game are tied for ninth in the league. Senior goalie Sarah Weber (Summit, N.J.) has 72 saves which are 19th nationally, while her .453 save percentage is third in the league. Her 8.75 goals against average is third in the conference. Ryan is fifth in the league with 2.36 ground balls per game.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's lacrosse team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.