Women's Lacrosse To Play Two PL Games
Holy Cross Women's Lacrosse
Overall: 4-5 (2-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: Brown 9, Holy Cross 6, Worcester, Mass., 3/11 Box Score Recap
Holy Cross 9, American 7, Worcester, Mass., 3/15 Box Score Recap
Schedule: Wednesday, March 19, at Boston University, Boston, Mass., 6:00 p.m. Live stats Video
Saturday, March 22, vs. Lafayette, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m. Live stats Video
- The Holy Cross women's lacrosse team, which has won four of its last five games, will play two Patriot League contests this week. On Wednesday, March 19, the Crusaders will travel to Boston to take on Boston University at Nickerson Field at 6:00 p.m. The game can be viewed on the Patriot League Network. The Terriers are 1-5 overall and 1-0 in the Patriot League with a 12-11 win over American. BU has also played four nationally ranked teams (No. 1 North Carolina, No. 2 Maryland, No. 10 UMass and No. 14 Johns Hopkins). The last time these two teams met was on April 21, 1999 when the Terriers won 20-7. This is the first year of Patriot League play for BU.
- On Saturday, March 22, the Crusaders will host Lafayette at Holy Cross Field at 12:00 p.m. The game can be viewed on the Patriot League Network. The Leopards, who play at Lehigh on March 19, are 3-5 overall and 0-2 in the Patriot League with losses to No. 20 Navy and No. 16 Loyola (Md.). Last year the Crusaders defeated Lafayette, 20-10.
- The Crusaders are 2-0 in the Patriot League for the first time since 2007. That year the Crusaders went 5-0 in the regular season.
- The Crusaders' 10.89 caused turnovers per game rank second in the conference and 14th nationally. The Crusaders' 18.89 ground balls per game are third in the league and 21st nationally.
- Senior captain Sara Hennessey (Winchester, Mass.) is ranked ninth in the league with 2.33 goals per game as her 21 goals are 31st nationally. Junior captain Laura Ryan (Stirling, N.J.) and sophomore Kaitlin Concilio (Ridgewood, N.J.) are tied for ninth in the conference with 0.89 assists per game, while their eight assists are 74th in the country. Hennessey's 2.89 points per game are eighth in the league and her 26 points are 51st nationally. Junior Sophia Agostinelli (Framingham, Mass.) has 2.13 caused turnovers per game which are tied for third in the league and are 15th nationally, while her 2.38 ground balls per game are tied for fifth in the conference and are 72nd nationally. Senior goalie Sarah Weber (Summit, N.J.) has 55 saves which are 24th nationally, while her .444 save percentage is second in the league. Her 8.79 goals against average is third in the conference and 33rd nationally.
- Agostinelli was named the Patriot League Defensive Player of the Week as she posted six ground balls and eight caused turnovers. This is Agostinelli's first Patriot League weekly honor. She was outstanding in the 9-6 loss to Brown on March 11 as she tied a Patriot League single-game record set by Navy's Caitlin Mandrin Hill in 2009 with six caused turners. She also tallied four ground balls versus the Bears. Agostinelli posted two ground balls and two caused turnovers as the Crusaders defeated Patriot League opponent American.
- Hennessey is on a 41-game goal scoring streak. She leads the team with 21 goals and 26 points. She has 115 goals and 14 assists for 129 career points. Her 115 goals are ninth all-time in program history and her 129 points are tied for 10th.
- Ryan has 138 career draw controls which are second all-time in program history. Weber has 23 career wins which are second all-time in program history.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's lacrosse team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.