Crusaders To Play Sacred Heart & Host Colgate
Holy Cross Women's Lacrosse
Overall: 1-4 (0-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: Fairfield 8, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 2/26 Box Score Recap
Holy Cross 19, Stetson 3, DeLand, Fla., 3/2 Box Score Recap
Schedule: Wednesday, March 5, vs. Sacred Heart, DeLand, Fla., 1:00 p.m. Live stats
Saturday, March 8, vs. Colgate, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m. Live stats Video
- The Holy Cross women's lacrosse team will return to action on Wednesday, March 5, when it plays Sacred Heart at Stetson in DeLand, Fla., at 1:00 p.m. Last year, the Crusaders defeated the Pioneers by a 16-8 score on March 2. The Pioneers are 0-2 so far this season with a 19-6 loss at Brown and a 16-5 loss at Yale.
- On Saturday, March 8, the Crusaders will start Patriot League play by hosting Colgate at Holy Cross Field at 1:00 p.m. Last year, the Crusaders defeated the Raiders, 15-14 in overtime at Holy Cross Field on March 30. With the game tied at 14-14 in overtime, Sara Hennessey (Winchester, Mass.) netted the game-winner as time expired. Colgate, who plays Cornell on March 5, is 1-3 so far this season. The Raiders have losses to Vermont, Hofstra and Canisius, and a win versus Drexel.
- The 16-goal margin of victory in the 19-3 win at Stetson was the Crusaders largest since a 17-1 win versus Siena on March 5, 2001. The three goals the Crusaders allowed were the least since a 16-3 win over Robert Morris on March 6, 2007.
- Hennessey is on a 37-game goal scoring streak. She has 106 goals and 12 assists for 118 career points.
- Senior goalie Sarah Weber (Summit, N.J.) posted her 20th career win in the victory at Stetson. Her 20 wins are fourth all-time in program history.
- Freshman Tess MacKay (Simsbury, Conn.) netted her first four collegiate goals as the Crusaders defeated Stetson. Freshman Mary Patalita (Alexandria, Va.) also netted her first collegiate goal. Freshman Allison Hoffman (Hingham, Mass.) posted an assist for her first collegiate point.