February 18, 2014
Women's Lacrosse To Play At #11 UMass & Yale
Overall: 0-1 (0-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-1
Schedule: Wednesday, Feb. 19, at #11 UMass, Amherst, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 22, at Yale, New Haven, Conn., 11:30 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's lacrosse team will return to action on Wednesday, Feb. 19, when it takes on No. 11 UMass at McGuirk Stadium at 3:00 p.m. The Minutewomen, who are the five-time defending Atlantic 10 Tournament champions, are 2-0 this season with wins over Vanderbilt and UConn. Holy Cross head coach Stephanie Ridolfi led UMass to its first lacrosse title as a senior in 2000, and was the team's leading scorer en route to earning Atlantic 10 All-Conference honors.
- On Saturday, Feb. 22, the Crusaders will travel to New Haven, Conn., to play Yale at 11:30 a.m. The Crusaders have won two of the last three games versus these two teams. This will be the season-opener for Yale as it went 8-7 overall and 2-5 in the Ivy League in 2013. Holy Cross sophomore Catherine Rutter (Summit, N.J.) is the sister of Yale senior Courteney Rutter.
- Senior Sara Hennessey (Winchester, Mass.) tallied two goals and one assist for three points versus Bryant in the season-opener. Hennessey extended her goal scoring streak to 33 straight games as she now has 96 goals and 10 assists for 106 career points.
- Junior Laura Ryan (Stirling, N.J.) posted one goal and one assist versus Bryant. She now has 78 goals and 17 assists for 95 career points.
- Freshman Maddie Ward (Norwell, Mass.) netted her first collegiate goal in the game versus Bryant. She also posted two ground balls.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's lacrosse team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.