Holy Cross Women's Lacrosse
Overall: 4-3 (1-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: George Washington 11, Holy Cross 9, Washington, D.C., 3/7
Holy Cross 20, Lafayette 10, Easton, Pa., 3/9
Schedule: Tuesday, March 12 at Brown, Providence, R.I., 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 16 at American, Washington, D.C., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's lacrosse team will return to action on Tuesday, March 12 when it travels to Providence, R.I., to take on Brown at 4:00 p.m. The Bears are 3-1 overall so far this season and 1-1 in the Ivy League. The Crusaders defeated Brown last year by an 11-10 score. The Crusaders will then travel to Washington, D.C., to play Patriot League opponent American on Saturday, March 16, at noon. The Eagles are 0-6 overall as this will be their Patriot League season-opener. Last season, the Crusaders won 12-8 versus the Eagles.
- The Crusaders are ranked third in the Patriot League with 11.86 goals per game and are second with 4.86 assists per game. The Crusaders' 11.14 goals against average is second. The Crusaders' 4-3 record is their best start to a season since 2007 when they were 5-2.
- Senior captain Maddie Carrellas (Middletown, R.I.) was named the Patriot League Midfield Player of the Week as she tallied seven goals and one assist for eight points on the week. Carrellas has nine goals and three assists for 12 points this season, while she leads the team with eight caused turnovers. She has 44 career caused turnovers which are fifth all-time in program history, while she also has 63 goals and 13 assists for 76 career points.
- Senior captain Kat Sutton (Saratoga Springs, N.Y.) has 15 goals and three assists for 18 points. For her career she has 106 goals and 22 assists for 128 points. Her 106 goals are seventh all-time in program history and her 128 points are tied for 10th. Also her 89 career draw controls are sixth all-time.
- Senior Taylor Zebrowski (Verona, N.J.) leads the team this season with 23 points as she has 17 goals and six assists. Her two game-winning goals lead the team and are tied for second in the Patriot League. She has 98 goals and 36 assists for 134 career points. Her 36 career assists are seventh all-time in program history, while her 134 points are eighth and her 98 goals are eighth.
- Junior Sara Hennessey (Winchester, Mass.) leads the team with 20 goals and is second on the team with 22 points. She has scored at least one goal in 23 straight games. Her 2.86 goals per game are fourth in the Patriot League and 30th nationally. For her career she has 79 goals and five assists for 84 points. Her 83 career draw controls are eighth all-time in program history.
- Junior goalie Sarah Weber (Summit, N.J.) leads the Patriot League with 8.57 saves per game. Her 60 saves are tied for fifth nationally.
- Sophomore Laura Ryan (Stirling, N.J.) leads the team with 22 draw controls. Her 3.14 draw controls per game are fifth in the Patriot League. Her 87 career draw controls are seventh all-time in program history. Ryan has 54 goals and 11 assists for 65 career points.