Holy Cross Women's Lacrosse
Overall: 5-6 (1-2 Patriot League) Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 12, UC Davis 9, Worcester, Mass., 3/26
Navy 18, Holy Cross 11, Annapolis, Md., 3/31
Schedule: Saturday, April 7 vs. Bucknell, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's lacrosse team returns to action on Saturday, April 7, when it plays Patriot League opponent Bucknell at Holy Cross Field at noon on Senior Day. The Bison are 3-9 overall and 0-4 in the Patriot League. The Crusaders' five seniors, Kayla DiBari (Holderness, N.H.), Catherine Furman (Garden City, N.Y.), Caitie Shea (Port Jefferson Station, N.Y.), Kat Sutton (Saratoga Springs, N.Y.) and Cami Thompson (Rockville, Md.) will be honored before the game. HC is 4-1 at home this season.
- The Crusaders are tied for second in the Patriot League with 16.18 ground balls per game. HC is tied for third with 7.00 caused turnovers per game.
- Junior Taylor Zebrowski (Verona, N.J.) has 73 goals and 27 assists for 100 career points. She is the 18th player in program history to post 100 points. She has posted at least one point in all 11 games this season, while she has tallied at least one point in 18 straight contests. Zebrowski leads the team this season with a career-best 28 goals, while she is also first with a career-best 36 points. Her 2.55 goals per game are seventh in the Patriot League and her 3.27 points per contest are eighth. She is ranked 43rd nationally in goals.
- Freshman Laura Ryan (Stirling, N.J.) has posted 13 goals over the last three games. She leads the team with 43 draw controls this season which are tied for second all-time for a single-season at the school. Ryan is second on the team with 25 goals and 30 points. Ryan's 25 goals are the most for a Crusader freshman since Megan Fenton scored 38 in the 2007 season. Her 3.91 draw controls per game are fifth in the Patriot League and 29th nationally. Also, her 2.27 goals per contest are ninth in the league. Ryan leads the team with eight free-position goals as her 0.73 free-position goals per game are fifth in the Patriot League.
- Junior captain Maddie Carrellas (Middletown, R.I.) leads the team with a career-best 26 ground balls as her 2.36 ground balls per game are third in the Patriot League and 52nd nationally. Sophomore Sara Hennessey (Winchester, Mass.) ranks first on the team with 13 caused turnovers as her 1.18 caused turnovers per game are fifth in the league.