Holy Cross Women's Lacrosse
Overall: 4-4 (1-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 2-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 11, Brown 10, Worcester, Mass., 3/13
Holy Cross 15, Sacred Heart 12, Worcester, Mass., 3/18
Schedule: Saturday, March 24 at Colgate, Hamilton, N.Y., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's lacrosse team returns to action on Saturday, March 24, when it travels to Hamilton, N.Y., to take on Patriot League opponent Colgate at Tyler's Field at 1:00 p.m. The Raiders, who play Binghamton on March 21, are 1-7 overall and 1-1 in the Patriot League. Colgate lost its first five games of the season versus Stony Brook (13-10), Hofstra (9-8), Vermont (18-12), Drexel (12-6) and Cornell (15-10). After defeating Patriot League opponent Lehigh (13-9), the Raiders fell to UMBC (13-11) and Patriot League foe American (19-18).
- The Crusaders are second in the Patriot League with 16.88 ground balls per contest, while their 6.75 caused turnovers per game are third in the league. The Crusaders are fourth in the league with 11.25 goals scored per game.
- The Crusaders have won three straight games for the first time since 2008 and are off to their best start to a season since going 6-2 in 2007. The Crusaders are 3-1 at home this season.
- Sophomore Sara Hennessey (Winchester, Mass.) was named the Patriot League Midfield Player of the Week as she led the team with eight goals last week. Hennessey netted two goals including her team-best second game-winner of the season and the fourth of her career in the 11-10 victory versus Brown on March 13. She also led the Crusaders with four ground balls. Hennessey then scored a career-best six goals in the 15-12 win versus Sacred Heart on March 18. Her six goals were the most by a Crusader in a game since Kristine Corkum scored six in the 18-11 victory versus Boston College on March 14, 2007. Hennessey also posted a team-best five draw controls and three caused turnovers versus the Pioneers. This season, Hennessey is second on the team with a career-best 19 goals and her career-best 20 points are third. She is also tied for the team-lead with eight caused turnovers. Her 2.38 goals per game are ninth in the Patriot League, while her two game-winning goals are tied for second. For her career, Hennessey has 34 goals and two assists for 36 points in 25 games.
- Junior Taylor Zebrowski (Verona, N.J.) was named the AT&T Crusader of the Week as she posted six goals and two assists for eight points last week. During Tuesday's 11-10 victory over Brown, Zebrowski led the Crusaders with four goals scored. All four of her goals against the Bears came late in the first half, when Holy Cross rallied from a 5-1 deficit to take a 7-5 halftime lead. Then, in Sunday's 15-12 win over Sacred Heart, Zebrowski totaled two goals and two assists. Zebrowski has posted at least two points in all eight games this season, while she has tallied at least one point in 15 straight contests. Zebrowski leads the team this season with 20 goals and 28 points, while her eight assists are second. Her 28 points are ranked 46th nationally. Her 3.50 points per game are fourth in the Patriot League, while her 2.50 goals per game are tied for seventh and her 1.00 assists per contest are 10th. Zebrowski has four free-position goals this season which lead the team. For her career, Zebrowski has 65 goals and 27 assists for 92 points.
- Senior Kayla DiBari (Holderness, N.H.) leads the team with a career-best 11 assists and is second with a career-best 23 points, while her 12 goals are tied for third. Her 11 assists are ranked 37th nationally, while her 1.38 assists per game are fourth in the Patriot League and her 2.88 points per game are tied for 10th. DiBari has 28 goals and 17 assists for 45 points in 25 career games.
- Freshman Laura Ryan (Stirling, N.J.) has a team-leading 33 draw controls and is already tied for ninth for a single-season in the history of the program. She is third in the Patriot League and 22nd nationally with 4.13 draw controls per game. She scored her first career game-winner in the victory versus Sacred Heart. Ryan has 12 goals and four assists for 16 points on the season. Her 12 goals and four assists are tied for third on the team.
- Junior captain Maddie Carrellas (Middletown, R.I.) leads the team with a career-best 18 ground balls. She is fourth in the league with 2.25 ground balls per game.
- Sophomore goalie Sarah Weber (Summit, N.J.) has 54 saves this season. Her 6.75 saves per game are third in the league. She is second on the team with 16 ground balls as her 2.00 ground balls per game are fifth in the Patriot League.