Holy Cross Women's Lacrosse
Overall: 2-4 (1-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: High Point 13, Holy Cross 12, High Point, N.C., 3/5
Holy Cross 12, American 8, Worcester, Mass., 3/10
Schedule: Tuesday, March 13 vs. Brown, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 18 vs. Sacred Heart, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's lacrosse team will play two games at Holy Cross Field this week with a contest versus Brown on Tuesday, March 13 at 4:00 p.m., and a game versus Sacred Heart on Sunday, March 18 at noon. Brown is 2-2 so far overall and 1-1 in the Ivy League. The Bears lost to Ohio State (16-3), defeated Columbia (14-10) and Manhattan (9-2), and fell to Princeton (18-8). Last year, the Bears defeated the Crusaders by a 13-6 score. Sacred Heart, who plays UConn on March 16, is 1-3 overall. The Pioneers lost to Iona (11-10, 3OT), defeated Niagara (20-13), and fell to UMass (21-7) and Fairfield (16-12). Last season, the Crusaders defeated the Pioneers, 12-7.
- The Crusaders are third in the Patriot League with 16.83 ground balls per contest. The Crusaders are fourth in the league with 10.67 goals scored per game.
- Junior Taylor Zebrowski (Verona, N.J.) led the team last week with three assists and eight points, while she tied for first with five goals. She now has three hat-tricks this season and nine for her career as she posted three goals and one assist for four points in the win versus American. She also scored the game-winner and has two for her career. Zebrowski has posted at least two points in all six games this season, while she has tallied at least one point in 13 straight contests. Zebrowski leads the team this season with 14 goals, six assists and 20 points. She is seventh in the Patriot League with 2.33 goals scored per game, while she is tied for seventh with 1.00 assists per contest. Her 3.33 points per game are tied for fourth in the league and her 0.67 free-position goals per game are third. Zebrowski has four free-position goals this season which lead the team. For her career, Zebrowski has 59 goals and 25 assists for 84 points.
- Freshman Laura Ryan (Stirling, N.J.) has a team-leading 29 draw controls as she is third in the Patriot League with 4.83 draw controls per game. Ryan has eight goals and three assists for 11 points on the season.
- Sophomore goalie Sarah Weber (Summit, N.J.) has 42 saves this season. Her 7.00 saves per game are third in the league. She leads the team with 14 ground balls as her 2.33 ground balls per game are tied for third in the Patriot League.
- Junior captain Maddie Carrellas (Middletown, R.I.) is second on the team with 13 ground balls. She is tied for fifth in the league with 2.17 ground balls per game. She also leads the team with seven caused turnovers.
- Sophomore Sara Hennessey (Winchester, Mass.) tied for the team-lead with five goals last week and was second with six points. She is second on the team this season with 11 goals and is third with 12 points.