Crusaders To Play High Point & American
Holy Cross Women's Lacrosse
Overall: 1-3 (0-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-0
Scoreboard: Fairfield vs. Holy Cross, Worcester, Mass., 2/29, postponed.
Schedule: Monday, March 5, at High Point, High Point, N.C., 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 10, vs. American, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's lacrosse team will play High Point in High Point, N.C., on Monday, March 5 at 6:00 p.m. at Vert Stadium. This is the first meeting between the two teams as this is the second year of High Point's program. The Panthers are 2-1 so far this season with an 11-10 win over Navy, an 18-8 loss to Virginia Tech and a 22-14 win versus UC Davis. High Point went 15-4 last year, which are the most wins for a first-year NCAA Division I program. The Crusaders will then start their Patriot League season with a game versus American at Holy Cross Field on Saturday, March 10 at 4:00 p.m. The Eagles, who play Virginia Tech on March 7, are 3-1 this season with a 12-6 win over Davidson, a 14-7 victory versus Columbia, a 12-11 loss to Richmond and a 16-10 win versus Old Dominion. Last season, the Crusaders fell to Eagles by a 7-5 score.
- Junior Taylor Zebrowski (Verona, N.J.) leads the team with nine goals and 12 points, while she is tied for first with three assists. She is sixth in the Patriot League with 2.25 goals per game and tied for seventh with 3.00 points per contest. For her career, Zebrowski has 54 goals and 22 assists for 76 points.
- Freshman Laura Ryan (Stirling, N.J.) has a team-leading 20 draw controls as she is third in the Patriot League with 5.00 draw controls per game. She is tied for first with three assists and is third on the team with eight points.
- Junior captain Maddie Carrellas (Middletown, R.I.) leads the team with 12 ground balls. She is second in the league with 3.00 ground balls per game. She also leads the team with six caused turnovers as she is tied for fourth in the conference with 1.50 caused turnovers per game.
- Sophomore Maggie Reichenbach (Manhasset, N.Y.) leads the team with three free-position goals. Her 0.75 free-position goals per game are tied for fourth in the league.
- Sophomore goalie Sarah Weber (Summit, N.J.) has 27 saves this season. Her 6.75 saves per game are second in the league.
- The Crusaders are fourth in the Patriot League with 10.00 goals scored per game. The Crusaders are fourth with 17.00 ground balls per contest.