Crusaders Set To Play UNH & Yale
Holy Cross Women's Lacrosse
Overall: 0-1 (0-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: UMass 12, Holy Cross 10 (OT), Worcester, Mass., 2/16
Schedule: Wednesday, Feb. 23 vs. New Hampshire, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 26 vs. Yale, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's lacrosse team will play two more home games this week before it plays its next six contests away from Worcester. The Crusaders will play New Hampshire on Feb. 23, at 4:00 p.m. at the Hart Turf Field, while they will then meet Yale on Feb. 26, at 12:00 p.m.
- This will be season-opener for New Hampshire. Last season, UNH went 10-7 overall and 4-2 in America East. New Hampshire lost to Boston University in the semifinals of the America East Tournament. Last season, the Crusaders fell at New Hampshire by a 10-4 score on Feb. 24. Go here to follow the game on Feb. 23.
- This will also be Yale's first game of the season. Last year the Bulldogs went 6-9 overall and 3-4 in the Ivy League. Last season the Crusaders lost to the Bulldogs by an 8-5 score on Feb. 27.
- Freshman Sara Hennessey (Winchester, Mass.) had an impressive debut versus UMass as she netted three goals. Hennessey's three goals were the most by a Holy Cross freshman in the first game of the season since the 1996 season when Victoria Fazen netted five goals versus Yale on March 20, 1996.
- Sophomore Maddie Carrellas (Middletown, R.I.) also scored three goals versus UMass. She now has 13 goals for her career.
- Senior Annie Boylan (Andover, Mass.) led the team with four draw controls against UMass. She now has 108 for her career which are tied for third all-time in program history.
- Junior Kat Sutton (Saratoga Springs, N.Y.) extended her goal scoring streak to 30 straight games with one goal versus UMass. Her streak is the second longest streak in the nation. For her career, she has 57 goals and 10 assists for 67 points.
- Senior goalie Amy Martin (Bloomfield, Mich.) has 495 career saves. She is five saves away from 500 for her career as she would be only the third Crusader to record 500 career saves.
- The Crusaders will play their first road game at Fairfield on March 1 at 4:00 p.m. Last season, the Crusaders defeated Fairfield, 14-12 in overtime, on April 6.
- Holy Cross coach Stephanie Ridolfi is in her ninth season at Holy Cross. She is the program's all-time winningest coach with 68 victories.