Crusaders To Play At Home Versus Bucknell On April 3
Holy Cross Women's Lacrosse
Overall: 2-8 (0-2 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: UConn 11, Holy Cross 10, Worcester, Mass., 3/24
Navy 10, Holy Cross 4, Annapolis, Md., 3/27
Schedule: Saturday, April 3 vs. Bucknell, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders will return to action when they play Patriot League opponent Bucknell on Saturday, April 3, at the new Holy Cross Field at noon. The Crusaders (2-8 overall), who are 0-2 in the Patriot League, will be looking to end a four-game losing streak. The Bison (1-10 overall), who are 0-3 in the Patriot League, have lost nine in a row and will play Le Moyne on March 31.
- Last season, the Crusaders fell to Bucknell by a score of 12-11 on March 28. With the contest tied at 11-11, Bucknell's Bonnie Buechel scored the game-winner with 1:09 remaining in the second half. Junior Meg O'Leary (Longmeadow, Mass.) scored three goals and had one assist for four points, while senior Megan Fenton (Bridgewater, N.J.) also earned four points with two goals and two assists. Senior Katie Gardner (Garden City, N.Y.) and sophomore Kat Sutton (Saratoga Springs, N.Y.) each had two goals and one assist for three points.
- Sutton has scored at least one goal in 22 straight games which is the 11th longest streak in the nation. This season she leads the team with a career-best 21 goals and a career-best 26 points. Her career-best five assists are tied for third on the team. As a freshman last season she recorded 20 goals and four assists for 24 points. Her 2.10 goals per game are tied for eighth in the Patriot League. For her career she has 41 goals and nine assists for 50 points.
- Gardner has recorded at least one point in 13 straight overall games. This season she leads the team with nine assists as her 0.90 assists per game are eighth in the Patriot League, while her 21 points are second on the team and her 12 goals are third. For her career she now has 60 goals and 46 assists for 106 points. Her 46 assists are tied for third all-time at Holy Cross.
- Junior goalie Amy Martin (Bloomfield, Mich.) has a .482 save percentage which is third in the Patriot League and has 10.50 saves per game which are fourth in the conference. Her 413 career saves are fourth all-time at Holy Cross. She was named the Patriot League Goalie of the Week for two straight weeks earlier in the season.
- Freshman Taylor Zebrowski (Verona, N.J.) has recorded at least one point in nine of the first 10 games of the season including eight in a row. Last week she scored five goals including a career-best four versus UConn on March 24. Her 13 goals are second on the team, while her 18 points are third and her five assists are tied for third. She was named the Patriot League Rookie of the Week earlier this season.
- O’Leary leads the team with 19 ground balls and 11 caused turnovers. She now has 55 goals and 26 assists for 81 career points.