Holy Cross Women's Lacrosse
Overall: 1-4 (0-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 12, Mount St. Mary’s 10, Denver, Colo., 3/3
Denver 12, Holy Cross 6, Denver, Colo., 3/6
Schedule: Saturday, March 13 vs. Vermont, Worcester, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders will play their first home game of the season at the new Holy Cross Field with a contest versus Vermont on Saturday, March 13 at 3:00 p.m. Holy Cross is coming off a 1-1 record in Denver, Colo., with a win over Mount St. Mary’s and loss versus Denver. The Catamounts are 0-2 this season but have played two nationally ranked teams with losses versus No. 20 Dartmouth and No. 7 Syracuse. Last season the Crusaders defeated Vermont by a 10-9 score in double overtime. Senior Katie Gardner (Garden City, N.Y.) scored the game-winner and senior Megan Fenton (Bridgewater, N.J.) recorded five goals and one assist for six points. Junior goalie Amy Martin (Bloomfield, Mich.) made a career-best 18 saves to earn the win.
- Sophomore Kat Sutton (Saratoga Springs, N.Y.) has scored at least one goal in 17 straight games. For her career she has 30 goals and four assists for 34 points. She scored six goals last week including a career-best four in the win over Mount St. Mary’s. Her four points were also a career best. This season she leads the team with 10 goals and 10 points. Her 2.0 goals per game are tied for sixth in the Patriot League.
- Martin was named the Patriot League Goalie of the Week for the second straight week. This is the third time that she has earned this honor in her career as she was also named the Goalie of the Week as a freshman in 2008. Martin made nine saves for a .474 save percentage in the 12-10 win over Mount St. Mary's on March 3, as the Crusaders earned their first victory of the season. She then stopped 11 shots for a .478 save percentage in the 12-6 loss at Denver on March 6. Her 10.40 saves per game this season rank third in the Patriot League and her .486 save percentage is fourth. Her 360 career saves are fifth all-time at Holy Cross.
- Gardner has recorded at least one point in eight overall games. Her six assists this season lead the team and her nine points are second, while her 1.25 assists per game rank fifth in the Patriot League. For her career she has 51 goals and 43 assists for 94 career points.
- Senior Ali Baird (Wilbraham, Mass.) has scored at least one goal in four of the first five games this season. Her six goals are second on the team and her six points are third. For her career she has 47 goals and 12 assists for 59 points.
- Freshmen Maddie Carrellas (Middletown, R.I.) and Taylor Zebrowski (Verona, N.J.) have at least one point in four of the first five games this season. They each have five points as Carrellas has two goals and three assists and Zebrowski had three goals and two assists.
- Sophomore Catherine Furman (Garden City, N.Y.) has been strong defensively as she leads the team with a career-best six caused turnovers. She had four last season. Junior Meg O’Leary (Longmeadow, Mass.) leads the team with 10 ground balls and has 57 for her career. Also for her career she has 48 goals and 22 assists for 70 points, including three goals and two assists for five points this season. Junior Annie Boylan (Andover, Mass.) ranks first on the team with eight draw controls. She has 82 for her career which are fourth all-time at Holy Cross.