Holy Cross Women's Lacrosse
Overall: 0-0 (0-0 PL) Last
Schedule: Wednesday, Feb. 17 at UMass, Amherst, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's lacrosse team will kick off the season on Wednesday, Feb. 17, when it plays UMass at McGuirk Stadium in Amherst, Mass. The Minutewomen already started their season with an 18-6 loss versus No. 1 and five-time defending national champion Northwestern on Feb. 6 at the WomensLax.com Surfside Lacrosse Cup in San Diego, Calif. The Minutewomen are the defending Atlantic 10 regular season and tournament champions as they are picked to repeat in the league's preseason poll. This was the first title for the Minutewomen since the 2000 season when Holy Cross coach Stephanie Ridolfi led UMass to its first lacrosse title as a senior, and was the team's leading scorer en route to earning Atlantic 10 All-Conference honors.
- Last season, the Crusaders defeated UMass, 11-7, at the Hart Turf Field in the season opener. Senior Megan Fenton (Bridgewater, N.J.) recorded three goals and Samantha Hallowell scored the game-winner with her first collegiate goal. Junior Amy Martin (Bloomfield, Mich.) made 11 saves.
- This is the ninth straight year that the Crusaders have opened their season versus the Minutewomen. Holy Cross is 3-5 in the previous eight games between these two teams and is 3-10 all-time against UMass. Holy Cross is 3-1 versus the Minutewomen in the last four games.
- Holy Cross returns 21 letterwinners, including nine out of 12 starters and its top six point producers, as it will be looking to win its third Patriot League championship in the last five years. The Crusaders also welcome six freshmen to the program. Last season the Crusaders went 5-11 and 3-3 in the Patriot League missing the league's tournament by one game.
- After the UMass game the Crusaders will play at New Hampshire on Wednesday, Feb. 24.