Crusaders Wrap Up Championship Season
March 3, 2009
Overall: 24-2-1 (17-2-1 ECAC) Last Week:
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 5, St. Michael's 1, 2/28
Holy Cross 4, Sacred Heart 2, 3/1
Schedule: The 2008-2009 season has concluded.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team defeated Sacred Heart, 4-2, in the ECAC Open Championship on Sunday, March 1 at the Hart Center. With the win, the Crusaders closed out the 2008-2009 season with an overall record of 24-2-1 (17-2-1 ECAC) and were named the 2008-2009 ECAC Open Champions.
- Holy Cross' 24 victories are the most in school history. It's 117 single-season goals scored ranks number one all-time at Holy Cross, its 37 single-season goals allowed is fewest all-time and its seven shutouts are second all-time.
- Freshman Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) ends the season with a school-record 53 points, her 25 goals are second all-time and her 28 assists rank her first at Holy Cross.
- Sophomore Jocelyn Kratchmer's (Watrous, Saskatchewan) nine power play goals ties the Holy Cross single-season record.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Lindsay Atkinson's (Westbank, British Columbia) .936 save percentage is the best in Holy Cross school history, while all three Holy Cross goalkeepers ended the season with a goals against average under two and broke the Holy Cross school record. Atkinson ended the season with a 1.00 goals against average, sophomore Monique Gallant (Antigonish, Nova Scotia) with 1.27 and freshman Carly Dominick-Sobol (Syracuse, N.Y.) with 1.67.
- Senior Stephanie Couzin (Chicago, Ill.) ends her career at Holy Cross with 93 points, ranking her fifth all-time, her 46 goals ranks her third, her 47 assists are sixth and her 19 power play goals are third.