Feb. 24, 2009
Overall: 22-2-1 (17-2-1 ECAC) Last Week:
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 7, Plymouth State 0, 2/20
Holy Cross 3, Southern Maine 1, 2/21
Schedule: Saturday, Feb. 28 vs. St. Michael's (ECAC Open Tournament), Worcester, Mass., 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 1 vs. Sacred Heart/St. Anselm (ECAC Open Tournament), Worcester, Mass., TBD
- Last week, Holy Cross closed out the regular season with two wins, defeating Plymouth State on Feb. 20 and Southern Maine on Feb. 21. The Crusaders (22-2-1, 17-2-1 ECAC) claimed the ECAC East regular season conference championship.
- Holy Cross' 22 wins is the most single-season victories in school history, its 108 goals this season in second all-time and its 34 goals allowed is the fewest in school history.
- Freshman Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) scored two goals and recorded two assists in the 7-0 victory over Plymouth State. Her two goals and two assists gave her 48 points on the season, breaking the Holy Cross single-season point record, and her 25 assists broke the single-season assists record. Hochkins then scored two goals against Southern Maine to total an ECAC leading 25 goals and 50 points. Hochkins also leads the ECAC in short-handed goals (7) and short-handed points (9).
- Sophomore goalkeeper Lindsay Atkinson (Westbank, British Columbia) continues to lead the ECAC with a 0.89 goals against average, a .942 save percentage and a 1.000 win percentage (9-0-0).
- Holy Cross returns to the Hart Center for the ECAC Open Tournament Feb. 28-March 1. On Saturday, Feb. 28 Sacred Heart will take on St. Anselm at 1:00 p.m. and the Crusaders will face off with St. Michael's at 5:00 p.m. The consolation game will be played on Sunday, March 1 at 1:00 p.m. and the championship game will start at 4:00 p.m.