December 10, 2013
Crusaders Take A Break, Will Return To The Ice In January
WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY
Scoreboard: Connecticut College 2, Holy Cross 1, OT New London, Conn., 12/03
Schedule: Saturday, Jan. 4 vs. Amherst, Amherst, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (6-4-0, 3-2-0 ECAC East) will start the New Year off as they travel to Amherst to take on the Lord Jeffs on Jan. 4. The non-conference contest is scheduled for 3:00 p.m.
- No. 9 Amherst most recently fell on the road to No. 3 Norwich, 4-3. Sophomore Erin Martin leads the Lord Jeffs with three goals and seven assists for a total of 10 points thus far this season. Junior Tori Salmon is right behind her with eight points (5 goals, 3 assists). The senior goaltender, Keri Stuart, has 130 saves on the season through seven games and holds a 4-2-1 mark on the year. Freshman Yuna Evans has appeared in one game this season in net posting 23 saves with a 0-0-1 record.
- The last time Holy Cross and Amherst went head-to-head was during the 2006-2007 season. The Lord Jeffs beat the Crusaders in Amherst (02/09), 6-3. This is the 12th meeting between the two teams. Amherst holds an 8-4 edge and they are on a three-game winning streak.
- Holy Cross is coming off a 2-1 OT loss at Connecticut College (12/03) where Junior Meghan Sullivan (Brockton, Mass.) scored the lone Crusader goal. Junior Nicole Giannino (Bay Shores, N.Y.) and Livvy Konaxis (Bentley, Mass.) earned the only assists of the game. Goaltender Krista Manzanares (Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.) fell short on the night as she finished the game with 13 saves.
- 16 different Holy Cross players have posted at least one point through the first half of the season.
- Freshman Rose Rather (Stamford, Conn.) continues her stellar performance as she has posted six goals and five assists through ten games and sits a-top the leader board with 11 total points. Giannino is not far behind her with four goals and five assists for a total of nine points on the year.
- Junior net minder Alexandra Stevenson (Norwood, N.Y.) has made 64 saves in five games played this season with a 1.40 goals against average. She holds a 4-1 mark on the year. Manzanares has earned 72 saves between the pipes through five games this season and holds a 2-3-0 record on the year. She has posted two shut-outs during her junior campaign in net.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's ice hockey team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.