WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY
Scoreboard: Bowdoin 2, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 11/30
Holy Cross 3, Wesleyan 1, Middletown, Conn., 12/01
Schedule: Tuesday, Dec. 3 vs. Connecticut College, New London, Conn., 7:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (6-3, 3-2 ECAC East) continues the 2013-2014 season this week with a non-conference (NESCAC) contest on the road. The Crusaders will travel to Connecticut College on Tuesday, December 3 and the game is slated for 7:00 p.m.
- Connecticut College is 1-2-2 this season with their only win over Hamilton (11/23). The Camels tied the first two games of the year versus Trinity. In the most recent game (11/30) on the road against Salve Regina they fell in overtime 3-2.
- The Camels are led by senior Courtney Dumont who has a total of four points thus far this year (1 goal, 3 assists). Freshman Jane Pagano follows her with two goals and one assist for three points. Junior net minder Kelsie Fralick holds a 1-1-2 record.
- Three Holy Cross players posted one goal each as they beat Wesleyan (12/01) on the road in non-conference action for a score of 3-1. Sophomore Katie Goguen (Acton, Mass.) netted the first goal of the game earning her second goal on the season. Junior Nicole Giannino (Bay Shores, N.Y.) slipped a power play shot past the Cardinals goaltender, her fourth goal of the season. Junior Chelsea Monahan (Cherry Hill, N.J.) scored her third goal of the season.
- Freshman Izzy Bagi (Branford, Conn.) posted two assists in each of the games over the weekend as she adds to her point total to five. Senior Emily Sullivan (Arlington, Mass.) earned two assists in the win over Wesleyan to boost her points total to four through nine games.
- The Crusaders junior net minder Alexandra Stevenson (Norwood, N.Y.) garnered 20 saves between the pipes against Wesleyan as she earned the win. Stevenson's record now stands at 4-1 overall. The 20 saves is a game high for her thus far this season. Goaltender Krista Manzanares (Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.) suffered the loss to Bowdoin while making a total of 11 saves. She now holds a 2-2 mark on the season.
- Head coach Peter Van Buskirk now holds an overall record of 202-120-25 at Holy Cross.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's ice hockey team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.