Women's Ice Hockey Scheduled For Two Games This Week
WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 1, UMass-Boston 0, Worcester, Mass., 11/22
St. Anselm 2, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 11/23
Schedule: Saturday, Nov 30 vs. Bowdoin, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
Sunday, December 1 vs. Wesleyan, Middletown, Conn., 5:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (5-2, 3-2 ECAC East) continues the 2013-2014 season this week with two non-conference (NESCAC) contests at home and on the road. The Crusaders will host Bowdoin on Saturday, Nov. 30 at 4:00 p.m. at the Hart Recreation Center. Holy Cross will then travel to Wesleyan and the game is slated for 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 1st.
- Bowdoin (0-2-0) looks for its first win of the 2013-14 season as they travel to UMass-Boston Tuesday evening, Nov. 26. Junior Schuly Nardelli leads the team with three points thus far this season (1 goal, 2 assists). Between the pipes Sophomore Beth Findley has made 53 saves while facing 60 shots.
- Wesleyan (1-2-1) tied Amherst this past weekend (11/23) in overtime (0-0). They host Sacred Heart University on Tuesday, Nov. 26 at 7:00 p.m. The Cardinals have three different players who sit a-top the leader board with three points each.
- The Crusaders look to bounce back after falling to St. Anselm last Saturday (11/23) at the Hart Center.
- Freshman Izzy Bagi (Branford, Conn.) scored the lone goal of the game to lift the women's ice hockey team over UMass-Boston, 1-0, in ECAC East conference play. The assists were credited to sophomore Taylor McGee (Pearl River, N.Y.) and freshman Rose Rather (Stamford, Conn.). This was Bagi's third goal thus far this season. It was McGee's first career assist and point as a Crusader after transferring from Penn State last season. Rather chipped in her fifth assists on the season to enhance her total points to 10.
- The Crusaders junior net minder Krista Manzanares (Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.) earned the win over UMass-Boston while making a total of 14 saves between the pipes. She now holds a 2-1 mark on the season. Goaltender Alexandra Stevenson (Norwood, N.Y.) garnered 13 saves between the pipes against St. Anselm but fell short as she suffered the lost. Stevenson's record now stands at 3-2 overall.
- Head coach Peter Van Buskirk earned his 201st career victory with a 1-0 shout out over UMass-Boston on Friday evening (11/22). His overall record at Holy Cross is currently 201-119-25.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's ice hockey team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.