Overall: 14-5-5 (8-4-5 ECAC East); Last Week: 2-0-0
Schedule: Wednesday, Feb. 20 at Nichols, Burrillville, R.I., 8:10 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 23 at Sacred Heart, ECAC Open Tournament, Bridgeport, Conn., 4:00 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 24 vs. TBA, ECAC Open Tournament, Bridgeport, Conn., TBA
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 3, Castleton State 0, Rutland, Vt., 2/15
Holy Cross 2, New England College 1, Henniker, N.H., 2/16
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team will conclude the 2012-2013 campaign this week with one final regular season game at Nichols on Wednesday, Feb. 20, at 8:10 p.m. before traveling to the ECAC Open Tournament on Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 23-24, in Bridgeport, Conn. The Crusaders will face Sacred Heart in game one and either Saint Anselm or Saint Michael's in game two.
- Holy Cross hosted Nichols earlier this season on Nov. 17, defeating the Bison, 6-1. Sophomore Chelsea Monahan (Cherry Hill, N.J.) scored two goals in the contest. Nichols (4-19-1, 2-14-1 ECAC East) is reeling from six straight losses and has not won a game since Jan. 18 against Saint Michael's. The Bison are led by sophomore Grace Murphy who has 14 goals and seven assists for 21 points on the season. Freshman Nia Kelly has played 14 games in goal with a record of 3-10-0 and save percentage of .868.
- Sacred Heart holds a record of 17-12-2 and most recently defeated Franklin Pierce, 3-2, on Saturday, Feb. 16. Holy Cross defeated Sacred Heart, 4-0, at the Rutland Herald Invitational on Jan 11. Sophomore Casey Stathopoulos leads the team with 29 points on 14 goals and 15 assists. Junior Alexius Schutt has played 17 games in the crease for the Pioneers and holds a .922 save percentage and 3.23 goals-against average.
- Saint Anselm (17-4-4, 12-2-4 ECAC East) and Saint Michael's (4-19-1, 3-15-0 ECAC East) will face off in the other semi-final at the ECAC Open Tournament. Holy Cross defeated Saint Aneslm, 5-2, on the road on Nov. 10 and tied the Hawks, 2-2, in Worcester on Feb. 1. The Crusaders downed Saint Michael's in their only matchup of the season, 3-2, in Worcester on Dec. 1.
- Holy Cross fell in the ECAC Open Championship last season to Saint Anselm. Prior to that, the Crusaders won three straight ECAC Open Championships.
- Senior Caroline English (Dorchester, Mass.) and sophomore Rebecca Fleming (Newton, Mass.) lead the team with 20 points each. English has five goals and a team-high 15 assists while Fleming has a team-high nine goals and 11 assists.
- The Crusaders scored six power play goals at home this season. Every time the Holy Cross women's hockey team scored a power play goal in the Hart Center money pledged also went to PINK Revolution, an alliance of dedicated individuals with a unified commitment to those touched by breast cancer. Its mission is to support early detection and prevention strategies, fund clinical research advancements and promote survivorship programs in Central Mass. through its affiliation with the UMass Memorial Comprehensive Breast Center. For more information and to donate, go here: http://www.powerplaypointsforpink.com/.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's hockey team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.