Overall: 12-4-3 (6-3-3 ECAC East)
Schedule: Friday, Feb. 1 vs. St. Anselm, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Feb 2 vs. UMass Boston, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 5, Plymouth State 0, Plymouth, N.H., 1/25
Holy Cross 1, Southern Maine 1, Gorham, Maine, 1/26
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team will play its final two home games of the season at the Hart Center this weekend. The Crusaders will host St. Anselm on Friday, Feb. 1, at 7:00 p.m. for the second annual "Pink the Rink" game to benefit breast cancer awareness. The team will then skate against UMass Boston on Senior Day, Saturday, Feb. 2, at 4:00 p.m.
- St. Anselm holds a record of 12-4-3 overall and 8-2-3 in ECAC East action. The Hawks are coming off an 8-3 win over Nichols (1/26) and 3-2 loss to Manhattanville (1/25), both at home. The team is tied for second with Manhattanville in the ECAC East standings with 19 points. Holy Cross defeated St. Anselm, 5-2, earlier this season (11/10) on the road. Statistically, junior Courtney Winters leads the team with 16 goals and 15 assists for 31 points. Junior Lindsey Brown and sophomore Janice Michaud have split time in net for the Hawks, with Brown totaling a .911 save percentage and 1.79 goals-against average while Michaud has a .906 save percentage and 1.85 goals-against average.
- UMass Boston is currently 8-9-3 (5-5-3 ECAC East) and will travel to Salve Regina on Friday before coming to Worcester. The Crusaders skated to a 2-2 tie versus the Beacons on Nov. 9. Senior Alli Greenberg leads the team with 13 points on six goals and seven assists. Sophomore Emily Howard has a team-high eight goals. Freshman Casey Schaejbe has seen the most time in the crease, playing in 13 games with a save percentage of .893 and goals-against average of 3.37. Sophomore Kailyn Burke has seen action in nine games and holds a .918 save percentage and 1.99 goals-against average.
- Holy Cross is currently fifth in the ECAC East standings with 15 points. Sophomore Rebecca Fleming (Newton, Mass.) leads the team with eight goals and has added 10 assists for a team-best 18 points. Senior Caroline English (Dorchester, Mass.) has a team-high 11 assists. Sophomore Nicole Giannino (Bay Shore, N.Y.) leads the team with three game-winning goals and is tied for second on the team with senior Alex Campione (Townsend, Mass.) with seven goals total.
- The "Pink the Rink" game versus St. Anselm on Friday marks the second straight season the Crusaders have hosted the event. Holy Cross will be donning special pink jerseys that will be for sale during and after the game with all proceeds going to PINK Revolution, an alliance of dedicated individuals with a unified commitment to those touched by breast cancer. Its mission is to support early detection and prevention strategies, fund clinical research advancements and promote survivorship programs in Central Mass. through its affiliation with the UMass Memorial Comprehensive Breast Center.
- Saturday's game versus UMass Boston will be the final home game for five Holy Cross seniors. Campione, English, Rebecca O'Quinn (Arlington, Mass.), Meghan Reynolds (Marion, Mass.) and Alyssa Ruhland (Minneapolis, Minn.) will be recognized in a brief ceremony with head coach Peter Van Buskirk and assistant coach Derek Alfama prior to the start of the game.
- The Crusaders have netted four power play goals at home this season. Every time the Holy Cross women's hockey team scores a power play goal in the Hart Center money pledged will also go to PINK Revolution. For more information and to donate, go here: http://www.powerplaypointsforpink.com/.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's hockey team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.