Overall: 4-2-1 (3-2-1 ECAC East); Last Week: 1-1-0
Schedule: Sunday, Nov. 25 vs. Wesleyan, Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
Scoreboard: No. 9 Manhattanville 2, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 11/16
Holy Cross 6, Nichols 1, Worcester, Mass., 11/17
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team will play the third game of a six-game home stand this week against Wesleyan. The puck is set to drop at the Hart Center on Sunday, Nov. 25, at 2:00 p.m.
- Wesleyan began its season last weekend, Nov. 16-17, against Williams at home. The teams split the series as the Cardinals won the season opener, 2-0, but fell in the second game, 2-0. Wesleyan is scheduled to travel to Sacred Heart this evening, Nov. 20, for a 7:00 p.m. contest before heading to Worcester this weekend. The Cardinals are led by sophomore Laura Wasnick who has tallied both of the team's goals so far this season. Senior Ashleigh Corvi has started both games on the young season in net and stopped 65 of 67 shots faced.
- The Crusaders are 7-4-3 all-time against the Cardinals. Last season, Holy Cross traveled to Wesleyan and took home a 2-1 victory (11/27). Wesleyan has not defeated the Crusaders since 2004 when it came away with a 3-2 victory at home.
- Holy Cross is coming off a 1-1-0 weekend with ECAC East action against No. 9 Manhattanville and Nichols. After a tough 2-1 loss to the nationally ranked Valiants, the Crusaders responded with a decisive 6-1 victory over Nichols. Thirteen different Crusaders recorded a point in the win as sophomore Chelsea Monahan (Cherry Hill, N.J.) scored two goals and freshman Kati Goguen (Acton, Mass.) added a goal and an assist.
- The HC defense has fought off 36 of 38 opponent power-play opportunities this season, good for a 94.4 percent penalty kill rate and second in the ECAC East. Sophomore goaltenders Krista Manzanares (Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.) and Alexandra Stevenson (Norwood, N.Y.) have shared time in the crease thus far this season. Manzanares holds a record of 3-1-0 while making 79 saves in 240 minutes of action while Stevenson is 1-1-1 and has made 65 saves in 181 minutes.
- Senior Rebecca O'Quinn (Arlington, Mass.) leads the Crusader offense with four goals and four assists for eight points. Sophomore Rebecca Fleming (Newton, Mass.) is also tied for the team lead with four goals while fellow classmate Francesca Panarelli (Shrewsbury, Mass.) holds the top spot in assists this season with six.