November 13, 2012
Women's Ice Hockey Prepares For Two Conference Games This Weekend
Overall: 3-1-1 (2-1-1 ECAC East); Last Week: 1-0-1
Schedule: Friday, Nov. 16 vs. No. 9 Manhattanville, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 17 vs. Nichols, Worcester, Mass., 7:30 p.m.
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 2, UMass Boston 2, Boston, Mass., 11/9
Holy Cross 5, St. Anselm 2, Manchester, N.H., 11/10
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team will return to the Hart Center ice on Friday-Saturday, Nov. 16-17, with two ECAC East contests. The Crusaders will face-off against Manhattanville on Friday at 7:00 p.m. and Nichols on Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
- Manhattanville enters the game with a record of 1-2-1 and 1-0-1 in the ECAC East and is currently ranked ninth in the country. The Valiants opened the season with losses against SUNY Plattsburgh (10/27) and Elmira (10/28) at the ECAC East-West Classic before defeating UMass Boston (11/2) and tying St. Anselm (11/4). Senior Mary Rose Morrison leads the team with four points on one goal and three assists. In net, junior Mary Evans has made 104 saves in four games for a .930 save percentage and 1.95 goals-against average. The Crusaders are 4-17-1 all-time against Manhattanville with the first ever tie coming after the most recent meeting, Feb. 11, 2012 at the Hart Center.
- Nichols currently holds a record of 2-2-0 (0-2-0 ECAC East) and will face-off against Salve Regina on Friday, Nov. 16, before traveling to the Hart Center on Saturday night. The Bison defeated Franklin Pierce (10/27) in their season opener before falling to St. Anselm (11/2) and UMass Boston (11/3). Most recently, Nichols defeated New England, 7-4, on the road on Nov. 10. Sophomore Grace Murphy leads the team with five goals and two assists for seven points. Netminder Nia Kelly has made 93 saves in four games. Holy Cross is 5-0-0 all-time versus Nichols.
- The Crusaders are coming off a 2-2 tie against UMass Boston (11/9) and 5-2 victory over defending ECAC Open champion St. Anselm (11/10). Freshman Kati Goguen (Acton, Mass.) earned ECAC East Rookie of the Week for her performance, netting her first career goal versus UMass Boston and adding two assists against St. Anselm.
- Senior Rebecca O'Quinn (Arlington, Mass.) leads the Crusaders with seven points on three goals and four assists and is tied for the team lead in power play goals with two. She is tied for first in the conference in power play points with five and is tied for third in overall points with seven.
- Sophomore goaltender Krista Manzanares (Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.) leads the team with a 3-0-0 record. She has made 65 saves in three games and holds a save percentage of .942 and goals-against average of 1.33. She is sixth nationally in goals-against average.