Overall: 14-1-2 (11-1-0 ECAC)
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 5, Plymouth State 0, Worcester, Mass., 1/27; Holy Cross 5, Southern Maine 2, Worcester, Mass., 1/28
Schedule: Tuesday, Jan. 31 vs. Colby, Worcester, Mass., 6:00 p.m.; Friday, Feb. 3 at St. Anselm, Manchester, N.H., 4:00 p.m.; Saturday, Feb. 4 at UMass-Boston, Boston, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (14-1-2, 11-1-0 ECAC) will host Colby (1-11-3, 1-7-2 NESCAC) on Tuesday, Jan. 31 at 6:00 p.m. at the Hart Center. The Crusaders return to the ice after a 5-0 victory against Plymouth State, where freshman goalie Megan Colpitts (Riverview, New Brunswick) made her first collegiate start and earned her first career win. Holy Cross also topped Southern Maine 5-2, as eight Crusaders recorded points in the game. Colby comes to the Hart Center reeling from losses to Connecticut College (Jan. 14), Williams (Jan. 20, 21) and Trinity (Jan. 27, 28).
- Holy Cross remains in second place in the ECAC East with an 11-1-0 conference record and 22 points in the league standings. They hold a five point lead over third place Manhattanville (17) but trail first place Norwich by five (27).
- Tuesday's game versus Colby marks the end of a three-game home stand to close out the month of January. The Crusaders are set to travel to St. Anselm (Feb. 3) and UMass-Boston (Feb. 4) this weekend to open the final month of the season.
- Holy Cross is averaging 4.41 goals per game and 6.12 assists per game on the year. Senior Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) currently leads the nation in goals per game (1.24) and is tied for third in the nation in short-handed goals with three. Freshman goaltender Alexandra Stevenson (Norwood, N.Y.) is also ranked first in winning percentage (.917) with a record of 5-0-1. Freshmen Mary Klimasewiski (Cochester, Conn.) and Rebecca Fleming (Newton, Mass.) are ranked seventh and 10th nationally in points per game for rookies. Klimasewiski has totaled 17 total points and averages one point per game while Fleming has 15 points and averages 0.88 points per game.
- The Crusaders are 2-2-2 all-time against Colby. Last season, the team was handed a 3-2 loss on the road to the Mules while they put together their two wins in 2010 and 2009.