Overall: 12-1-2 (9-1-0 ECAC)
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 4, New England College 3 (OT), Henniker, N.H., 1/21
Schedule: Friday, Jan. 27 vs. Plymouth State, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 28 vs. Southern Maine, Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (12-1-2 overall, 9-1-0 ECAC) will host Plymouth State (1-11-3 overall, 1-7-2 ECAC) on Friday, Jan. 27 at 7:00 p.m. at the Hart Center. The Crusaders return to the ice after recording a 4-3 overtime victory against New England College, where freshman forward Nicole Giannino (Bay Shore, N.Y.) netted her first collegiate goal for the game winner. Plymouth State enters the game reeling from losses to UMass Boston (Jan. 20) and St. Anselm (Jan. 21).
- Holy Cross remains in second place in the ECAC East with a 9-1-0 conference record and 18 points in the league standings. They hold a four point lead over third place Saint Anselm (14), but trail first place Norwich by five (23).
- Friday's game vs. Plymouth State marks the beginning of a three-game home stand to close out the month of January. Following Saturday's game vs. Southern Maine, the Crusaders host Colby (Jan. 31) in the final non-conference game of the season.
- Holy Cross is averaging 4.33 goals per game and 6.33 assists per game on the year. Seven Crusaders have reached double-digit point totals led by senior Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich) with 26. Senior Nicola Garat (Princeton, N.J.) is second with 18, freshman Mary Klimasewiski (Cochester, Conn.) has 16, junior Caroline English (Dorchester, Mass.) and freshman Rebecca Fleming (Newton, Mass.) are tied with 14, and junior Rebecca O'Quinn (Arlington, Mass.) and freshman Francesca Panarelli (Shrewsbury, Mass.) round out the top seven tied with 11 points each.
- Crusader freshman goaltender Krista Manzanares (Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.) recorded her fourth win of the season against New England College (Jan. 21) and holds a team low 1.36 goals against average.