WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY
Overall: 8-0-1 (5-0-0 ECAC); Last Week: 2-0-1
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 6, Sacred Heart 0, Fairfield, Conn., 11/22
Holy Cross 5, Bowdoin 5 OT, Worcester, Mass., 11/26
Holy Cross 2, Wesleyan 1, Middletown, Conn., 11/27
Schedule: Saturday, Dec. 3 vs. Saint Michael's, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 4 vs. Norwich, Worcester, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (8-0-1 overall, 5-0-0 ECAC) hosts a pair of ECAC East league opponents this weekend at the Hart Center beginning with St. Michael's (0-5-1 overall, 0-5-1 ECAC) on Saturday, Dec. 3 at 7:00 p.m., then squaring up to battle for first place in the league against Norwich (7-1-0 overall, 6-0-0 ECAC) on Sunday, Dec. 4 at 3:00 p.m.
- Holy Cross is a perfect 26-0 against St. Michael's in the all-time series dating back to 2001. Last season, the Crusaders defeated the Purple Knights by a score of 7-1 on Jan. 15, 2011. St. Michael's earned a tie with Plymouth State on Nov. 11, but is still seeking its first conference victory.
- The Crusaders are 2-3-2 all-time against Norwich. The Cadets came out on top against Holy Cross by a score of 4-2 last year to take a slight edge in the series. Norwich is currently ranked send in the country in the latest NCAA Division III poll.
- Sunday's matchup with Norwich will be a showdown for first place in the league. The Cadets currently sit at the top of the ECAC East leader board with six wins and 12 points while Holy Cross is just behind in second place with five wins and 10 points. Both teams are undefeated in league play.
- Holy Cross and Norwich have combined to outscore their opponents 93-21 during the 2011-2012 season. The Crusaders have outscored their opponents 41-13 this season while the Cadets have scored 52 goals and given up just seven.
- Sunday will also feature a matchup between the two leading scorers in the league. Holy Cross' senior standout Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) and Norwich's senior forward Julie Fortier are tied with the most points in the league at 15. Hochkins has scored 10 goals with five assists and been named ECAC Player of the Week once this season. Fortier has scored nine goals with six assists and been named POW twice.
- Hochkins became the Holy Cross all-time assist leader with her 73rd career assist on Nov. 22 in a 6-0 victory over Sacred Heart.