November 22, 2011
Crusaders Take On Three Games Over Thanksgiving Break
WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY
Overall: 6-0-0 (5-0-0 ECAC); Last Week: 2-0-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 6, Manhattanville 2, Rye, N.Y., 11/18
Holy Cross 5, Nichols 1, Worcester, Mass., 11/19
Schedule: Tuesday, Nov. 22 at Sacred Heart, Fairfield, Conn., 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 26 vs. Bowdoin, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 27 at Wesleyan, Middletown, Conn.; 3:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (6-0-0 overall, 5-0-0 ECAC) takes on three non-league opponents this week beginning with a trip to Sacred Heart (0-7-0) on Tuesday, Nov. 22, then welcoming Bowdoin (0-1-0) to the Hart Center on Saturday, Nov. 26 at 7:00 p.m. and finally wrapping up the busy holiday weekend at Wesleyan (1-1-0) on Sunday, Nov. 27 at 3:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders have outscored their opponents 28-7 this season. Holy Cross and Norwich remain as the only two team that are still undefeated in ECAC East play.
- Holy Cross looks to even the all-time series with Sacred Heart later today by completing the series sweep. After an impressive 8-2 victory over Sacred Heart on Nov. 5, the Crusaders are now 11-12-1 against the Pioneers all-time.
- Bowdoin will play Holy Cross for only the second time ever on Saturday. The first meeting was on Dec. 3, 2000 in which the Polar Bears topped the Crusaders by a score of 7-0. Bowdoin is currently 0-1-0 on the year after dropping a 7-0 decision to Plattsburgh State on Nov. 19. The Polar Bears were 15-9-2 last season.
- Holy Cross holds a 7-4-3 edge over Wesleyan in their all-time series. The Crusaders look to stay hot against the Cardinals as Holy Cross has come out victorious in the last four meetings between the two teams, the last a 4-1 victory on Nov. 30, 2010. Wesleyan is currently 1-1-0 on the year after a weekend split with NESCAC opponent Williams. The Cardinals finished last season with a 2-20-1 overall record.
- With her two assists on Friday against Manhattanville, senior forward Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) tied the all-time Holy Cross assist record at 72. Hochkins' next assist will break the current tie she has with Jocelyn Kratchmer who graduated last year as the all-time assist leader. Hochkins leads the Crusaders in scoring with eight goals and fou assists so far this season.