WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY
Overall: 2-0-0 (1-0-0 ECAC); Last Week: 2-0-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 3, Salve Regina 0, Middletown, R.I., 11/4
Holy Cross 8, Sacred Heart 2, Worcester, Mass., 11/5
Schedule: Friday, Nov. 11 vs. UMass-Boston, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 12 vs. St. Anselm, Worcester, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (2-0-0 overall, 1-0-0 ECAC) hosts a pair of ECAC games this week against UMass-Boston (1-2-1, 0-1-1) on Friday, Nov. 11 and St. Anselm (3-0-0, 2-0-0) on Saturday, Nov. 12. Both contests will be held at the Hart Center Ice Rink. Friday night's game begins at 7:00 p.m. while Saturday's time is set for 3:00 p.m.
- Holy Cross holds the edge over UMass-Boston in the all-time series with a head-to-head record of 8-6-1. Last year, the Crusaders split their league series with the Beacons with a 4-1 victory on Nov. 12 followed by a 4-3 loss on Feb. 5.
- The Crusaders are 3-12-2 lifetime against St. Anselm, but have come out victorious in three of their last five meetings. Last year, the two teams split the regular season series with Holy Cross, winning the Nov. 13 matchup by a score of 6-1 and the Hawks taking the Feb. 4 game 5-2. The two teams met a third time in the ECAC Open championship game and skated to a 4-4 overtime tie. The ECAC title had to be decided by a shootout, where the Crusaders came out on top 2-0.
- Senior Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) started her senior campaign with a strong four goal, two assist performance last week. Hochkins scored two goals and had one assist in the Crusaders 3-0 victory over Salve Regina and then matched that performance the next day with another two goals and one assist against Sacred Heart in a 8-2 Holy Cross victory.
- The Holy Cross goalies had notable performances in the two Crusader wins last week. Senior Carly Dominick-Sobol (Syracuse, N.Y.) notched her sixth shutout performance of her career in a 14 save effort against Salve Regina. Freshman goalie Alexandra Stevenson (Norwood, N.Y.) recorded her first win in her collegiate debut as she made 26 saves against Sacred Heart.