WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY
Overall: 15-9-0 (12-5-0 ECAC); Last Week: 1-1-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 9, Nichols 1, Harrisville, R.I., 2/11
Manhattanville 4, Holy Cross 1, Rye, N.Y., 2/12
Schedule: Sunday, Feb. 20, vs. Southern Maine, Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (15-9-0 overall, 12-5-0 ECAC East) wraps up the regular season with a home contest against Southern Maine (7-14-2, 5-10-1 ECAC East) on Sunday, Feb. 20 at 2:00 p.m. Prior to the start of the game, Holy Cross will honor seniors Lindsay Atkinson (Westbank, British Columbia), Christina D'Ambrogio (Toronto, Ontario), Monique Gallant (Antigonish, Nova Scotia), Emily Henry (Lumsden, Saskatchewan), Jocelyn Kratchmer (Watrous, Saskatchewan) and Colleen Krmpotich (Minneapolis, Minn.) with a senior day ceremony on the ice.
- Southern Maine travels to Salve Regina on Saturday, Feb. 19 before making the trip to Worcester on Sunday, Feb. 20. The Huskies split a pair of games last weekend, defeating Castleton State, 2-0, before falling to New England College, 2-1. On Dec. 4, 2010, Holy Cross defeated Southern Maine 1-0 in overtime in Gorham, Maine. Sophomore Caroline English (Dorchester, Mass.) scored the game-winning goal just 12 seconds into overtime. Holy Cross is 11-9-0 all-time against the Huskies.
- In Holy Cross' 9-1 win over Nichols, Henry led the Crusaders with a career-best, single-game five points. Henry scored two goals and assisted on three others. Henry's five points gave her a career-best 17 points on the season, ranking fifth on the team, while her 14 assists are tied for third.
- Holy Cross earned its 15th win of the season in the victory over Nichols. This marks the fifth time in five years that Holy Cross has recorded 15 or more victories. In the 2008-2009 season, Holy Cross won a school-record 24 games. Now in his 11th season on the bench, head coach Peter Van Buskirk has accumulated an overall coaching record of 159-107-16.
- Junior Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) and Kratchmer continue to trade positions on the Holy Cross career points list. Kratchmer scored two goals and one assist against Nichols for her 33rd points of the season, moving her into first all-time at Holy Cross with 137 points. Hochkins marked an assist in that game and now has 136 career points. Kratchmer's two goals moved her into second all-time with 67 career goals. Hochkins holds the career goal record with 72.
- In 17 ECAC East games played, Hochkins leads the league with 34 points. Eighteen of her 21 goals have come in ECAC East match ups along with 16 of her 18 assists.
- Gallant's win over Nichols was her 36th career victory for the Crusaders in net, moving her into a tie with Jennelle DiSanto for most career wins at Holy Cross. Gallant is 10 saves away from her 1,000 career save, a career record category that DiSanto leads with 2,393 career saves.
- Heading into the final week of regular season action, No. 3 Norwich continues to lead the ECAC East with a 15-0-1 record and 31 points. Manhattanville moved into sole possession of second place with 25 points, while Holy Cross is tied for third with St. Anselm with 24 points. Holy Cross has just one league game remaining, while Norwich, Manhattanville and St. Anselm each have two games to go.