Holy Cross Hits The Road For Two
Overall: 14-6-0 (11-2-0 ECAC); Last Week: 2-0-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 9, Plymouth State 0, Worcester, Mass., 1/26
Holy Cross 3, Salve Regina 0, Worcester, Mass., 1/29
Schedule: Friday, Feb. 4, at St. Anselm, Manchester, N.H., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 5, at UMass-Boston, Boston, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (14-6-0 overall, 11-2-0 ECAC East) hits the road for the start of a four-game road trip on Friday, Feb. 4 when it travels to Manchester, N.H. for a 7:00 p.m. game against St. Anselm (15-4-0, 9-3-0 ECAC East). Holy Cross will continue action on the road on Saturday, Feb. 5 with a 1:00 p.m. game against UMass-Boston (9-8-0, 6-6-0 ECAC East).
- Holy Cross holds a 3-11-1 all-time record against the St. Anselm Hawks, with the team's most recent win coming on Nov. 13, 2010. In its fifth game of the season, Holy Cross defeated St. Anselm 6-1 at the Hart Center. Five Crusaders combined on the final score with junior Stacey Hochkins (New Boston, Mich.) finding the back of the net twice. Holy Cross is 3-0 in its last three meetings with the Hawks.
- St. Anselm defeated Manhattanville 4-1 on Jan. 28 to move into a tie for third place in the league with the Valiants. The two teams are tied for third with 18 points, while the Crusaders own second place with 22 points and Norwich tops the league with 23.
- Holy Cross will travel to Boston to play the Beacons for the second time this season. On Nov. 12, 2010, the Crusaders defeated UMass-Boston, 4-1, at the Clark Athletic Center rink. Hochkins recorded three points in the win, scoring one goal and recording two assists. The Crusaders hold an all-time record of 8-5-1 over the Beacons, with their last loss coming in Boston on Feb. 10, 2006.
- With her assist on Holy Cross' seventh goal of the game against Plymouth State, Hochkins recorded her 130th career point, breaking the Holy Cross career points record. Hochkins went on to record one more assist against Plymouth State and added a pair of goals against New England College to move to 133 career points. Hochkins now has 71 career goals and 62 career assists.
- With the win over Plymouth State, senior Monique Gallant (Antigonish, Nova Scotia) earned her 35th career win, moving her into second all-time on the Holy Cross career record list. Janelle DiSanto owns the school career record with 36 career wins.
- Holy Cross will play four games on the road before returning to the Hart Center on Feb. 20 against Southern Maine. Before the start of the game, the Crusaders will honor it six seniors for Senior Day.